Chapter 20

America felt the breeze whistle in her ears. She could see the trees before her swing back and forth as if they were dancing. In her mind, a picture of a tree appeared dressed with a tutu and dancing shoes. She chuckled at the idea. The night was still young and the stars were just starting to shine in the big black sky. America worries slowly started to fade away.

The celebration was upon her and suspicions were rising in the castle. Aspen had been "missing" now for a day and the word was spreading that something horrible had happened to him. No one had suspected it had been her, but she knew one day that would find out if something was not done. She felt her heart racing again. She had to calm down. There was no going back now. The deaths had accumulated and all she could do was lay low. There was no other solution!

As well as that, Kriss had disappeared out of the blue! Her escape had been the gossip of the castle for days on end. It had seemed as if people were obsessed with her. That enraged the queen more then anything. The fact that a prissy little woman was getting more attention than her had made her crazy! She was supposed to talked about, she was supposed to be everyone's subject of conversation!

Her heart rate was uncontrollable now. All her fears and insecurities flowed back in and her mind jumbled around thoughts. America's breath thicken'd. Her lungs felt as if they were collapsing and her hand immediately rose to her throat. Expelling air in and out she couldn't anything but anxiety. She gasped for air.

"My queen are you feeling okay? You look sickly pale?", said a young girl.

"Oh dear you've frightened me dear! Yes yes I am okay just a little out of breath."

"Alright would you like me to accompany you to your dormitory?"

"Yes, and could you also fetch me some tea that would be lovely thank you", responded the queen.

The girl had barely looked older than sixteen. What was such a pretty thing doing here in the castle? America tried to remember her name, but nothing came to mind. It had been as if she had never existed until now, but could you blame her there were hundreds of servants in the castle. How could she possibly remember all their names. It was impossible!

The queen and the young girl walked there way to her room without any exchange of words. It had been so quiet that she could hear the buzzing of the lights.

"Here we are, I will get your tea and be back in a jiff", said the girl.

That had been the last time she had seen her that night. She never came back for the tea. America had assumed she had forgotten, but something was off about this girl. Something was terribly wrong about this entire situation, and she would soon find out.