Chapter 16

America's mind spun. Ideas flew in and out of her brain so fast she could barely focus. How was she going to escape?! How could she?!
There was no way out.
Her body still as a statue, she tried to contain her breath, but it was almost impossible considering she was crammed in a closet.

Surrounded by a cluster of shirts, pants, and guard uniforms, the young queen sat and waited. That was all she could do. Tear filled had filled her crystal eyes, but she pushed them away. She took a small but deep breath and got up as silently as she could. Without making a sound she started to analyze her options.

One: wait until he is gone and forget about killing him.

Two: jumping out of the closet and strangling him to death.

Her red hair now moist with sweat, her whole body shaking, she went with option two.

Without a moment of hesitation, the queen pounced out of the closet like a wild animal and strangled Aspen's neck. Her hands grabbed him, her nails digging into his flesh. Aspen's eyes went wide open. He tugged on the queen's hands desperately begging for air, but the queen only followed by squeezing harder. The man's body shook in desperation trying to find the slightest taste of fresh air. America held her grip harder.

" Please America, please", he whispered quietly.

" You did this to yourself Aspen, you didn't love me as I did to you. Don't you care for me? Don't you care for me? I believed we could be everything! I believed you could be my husband, and we could live a happy life. But now, now I hate you. I hate you Aspen ! You are just as evil as Maxon was. You broke my heart, and now I will do what you did to me."

She no longer had a heart anymore. The poor queen had been hurt one to many times.

America felt her hands squeeze against his neck harder then ever before, and saw his body sink between her hands. The mission was complete.

She couldn't help but cry. Tear ran down the queen's face as she took the boy's body away. Without a moment of doubt she took the corpse and through it out the window. This was it she thought.

Walking towards his bedroom door she took one last look at her lover's bedroom and closed the door shut. She had to be quick before they found her.