Chapter 8

She walked out dressed with a towel around her head and body. Her feet were soaked with water, and the carpet beneath her feet was squishy. This feeling was quite pleasant. America dropped to her bed with a large sigh and closed her eyes. She had never been this relaxed in her life! She opened them again staring at the ceiling.

" Can I please get some assistance", she spoke loudly.

Immediately Mary, one of her royal maids, came to her call. Ever since the selection had started several years ago she had learned to become quite fond of her. Since many were too intimidated of her status, none had become more then a  acquaintance  apart from of course her passed husband, Maxon. Mary walked over to her highness for additional assistance.

"May I please be of your service my queen", said the maid.

"Yes, I would love to have some tea and some strawberry tarts, that would be perfect", announced America. They were her favorite.

"Anything else my queen? Maybe some help picking your night gown, or brushing your hair?"

" No that will be all Mary."

She walked out of the room quietly just as she had walked in.

America got up from her enormous bed and proceeded to pick her night gown.
Maybe blue, or pink? No no that will never do she thought. Suddenly the red gown appeared in  sight.

Perfect ! This gown reminded her precisely of the murder!She giggled at the thought of it.

America slipped on the gown, and her slippers, and went back to bed. She desperately tried to stay awake, but as the minutes past her eyes drew weary and she closed them at last.

**Sorry this one is shorter I'll try and make ch.9 longer :)