Chapter 13

Kriss:

"Jesus could you be a little more careful", said Kriss. The blade had barely escaped her side making it a very close call. It's had been the third practice this week and she was still sadly stumbling around like a hippo.
"Kriss they won't show mercy, you need to be prepared for anything", said Georgia.

These few days had been painful for the poor girl. Her muscles ached from the training sessions and her body felt like giving up everyday. Any second now, she could see herself collapsing to the floor.

"Get some water, in ten minutes we start the run", announced Georgia. Kriss had hoped those words had never come out. Running was by far one of her least favourite exercises. She groaned.

"Can't we just just take a break!?", complained Kriss. The woman turned clearly offended, and with her piercing eyes she stared into her eye sockets. Her stare had been so deep, that she could have sworn her pupils were tiny daggers, getting ready to hurt her any second. This woman was truly terrifying when she wanted to be.

"You know you could give up", said Georgia.

"I promise I wouldn't!", said Kriss.

"Then please no comments next time",said the woman. She had a disappointed undertone and Kriss immediately felt bad about the complaint. After that awkward conversation she could tell this had caused tension between their friendship .

____________________________________________________________

Later on:
     Further in the day, they both went to the woods and ran 5miles. Then , they went home . There was still something wrong between them, (obviously), but as she did before, she tried to ignore it. Really she hadn't thought her comment had been offending. She had just grunted and said a few words! It wasn't that big of a deal honestly!!

They ate supper in silence that night. Silence embedded the room, and no words were expanded at the diner table. The child, her, the husband, and the Georgia all ate in complete silence. All she could here were the fans in the kitchen and a few bird tweeting happily. She was served rice. Thought she hated it, not a word had come out. Quickly and quietly she finished diner and rushed to her bedroom. Why do I have to ruin everything, she thought to herself. Why do I always end up making enemies?

America:

     The bed was cold and full of tears. Her eyes were puffy and leftover mascara dripped down from her cheeks. This was a feeling way too familiar for America Singer.  Why was this always the case! Was she that repulsing!? Was she really that disgusting?!! She choked another sob and blew her nose loudly. Love was always  a horrible experience for her. Never had she loved anyone more then Aspen in a very long time, and now that she had been rejected she didn't know if she would ever get over it. A servant walked in with a cup of tea.

"Oh I'm so sorry my queen, I didn't want to bother you, I'll come back sometime tomorrow morning!". She had left as soon as she had come.

"No please stay awhile", America said loudly, trying to obtain her attention, but the servant was far off and she was left alone in her bedroom.

No one loved her. No one had ever loved her. Not even a simple servant could stay by her side. She cried some more, creating a small pool of snot and tears on her duvet. America felt bad for whoever would pick  up in the future. Soon the clock had stricken midnight and America realized that sadly she had cried herself asleep.