Chapter 24

Heavy breathing can be heard from my nervous self as I navigate my way through the dank hallway. The floorboards groaned as anything moved along it. I stepped forward which resounded in a sound that made me think the floor would fall through, but I ventured on to find out where I was.

I came across a door after exploring for a couple minutes and I pushed it open to see a well lit room with the walls covered in mirrors, the floor was tiled and it had a cold looking metal table with a gun on it. I entered the room and the door slammed shut behind me. I tried to open it but there was no way of doing so.

I stepped towards the table and I picked up the gun. I've never held a real gun before, I have gone paint-balling it that counts, but this was different, it was heavier and it was cold to the touch and it never seemed to get warmer just stay close to freezing.

Looking around the room I saw a chair with a person sitting on it, their head covered with a bag and their body not moving. I walked towards them and pulled the bag off their head to see my childhood best friend Chris.

He looked at me with tired and sad eyes, pleading eyes. His mouth was gagged and I wasn't prepared to take it off incase all hell broke loose. Chris looked at the gun in my hand and started to jump around in the chair in an attempt to get away from me but I knew I had to do something so I wasn't stuck here forever like Chris has been. I brought the gun up with my shaking hands to match a spot on Chris' chest. With my eyes closed I pulled the trigger. Bang. The room suddenly went quiet and I sank to my knees. I just killed him, my first friend. Tears spilled out of my eyes and while I was crying the door opened again and the hall called to me.

I stood up and walked out to get away from this haunting room. The hallway now had pictures with everyone's faces crossed out with a bright red pen that stood out against the drab hallway.

I soon found another door and I nervously pushed it open, hesitant of what awaited me.

Everywhere was covered in white, there was nothing at all here and I ventured into the seemingly harmless room.

I stood there for a minute until nothing had happened so I settled into a corner of the room and spent a few minutes thinking about what I had done today. What had I done? I'd killed an innocent person, that's what.

Suddenly the floor began to shake and I knocked my head on the floor knocking myself out.

A/N
Hi, this chapter is kinda long to make up for the amount of time I was away. I will try to update as often as possible but I do often get writers block so if you would like to suggest anything feel free to message me. I hope you have a good day! - Ruby 🌸