Chapter 31

Dan POV

I wake up at 7 because it means that I have about an hour to wrap the presents and decorate the house before Philly wakes up. I start by putting banners on the walls and balloons on the ground, it looks pretty cool when I'm done but it means I only have 20 minutes to wrap his presents. I quickly get them sorted and then run back to the kitchen to make Phil breakfast so I can give him breakfast in bed.

I fill a bowl full of cereal because I know Phil likes it so much and I also make him a cup of tea. I, somehow, successfully carry it to his room and place it on the bed side table for when he wakes up. I then start my short morning routine, which consists of brushing my teeth and hair, and then drinking a cup of coffee  to wake myself up after minimal sleep. Normally I would straighten my hair but since I don't have much time this morning  it will have to wait.

I sit down and turn the TV on when Phil opens the door. He is standing there in pyjama bottoms, a t-shirt, major bed head, and his glasses. He looks so adorable and I struggle to repress the feelings I have for him that are resurfacing. I stand up and hug him, he is a little shocked, probably because he hasn't fully woken up yet, but he hugs me back. Its so nice to be back in his arms even if it is just for a second or two. We finish hugging and I lead him over to his gifts and he starts bouncing like a child.

He eagerly opens them  and admires them one by one instead of tossing them aside, he is intrigued by each one even the many socks he was given. Pj had bought him a lava lamp and a red potted plant, for some reason Chris had got him a coffee mug even though they haven't spoken in so long. I gave him my gifts and then he opened all the gifts from his family. I sat there looking at him in this state of happiness. He is truly beautiful and I miss him, I miss him so much.

After he had looked at them all I decided to do something that I would probably regret.

"Phil?"

"Yeah?"

"I have one more present for you."

"Oh, really? Okay."

"Uhm,

I love you."