Happy Fucking Birthday to Me

On the side is Casper! Hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

~~~

A Year Later...

I groaned and slammed my alarm clock. You would have thought I’d done that, right? Instead, I grabbed my alarm clock and threw it at the wall.

“Stupid piece of shit,” I muttered.

I fell back on bed and tried to fall asleep but heavy footsteps were ticking me off. It’s bad enough that I have to deal with an alarm clock, but now this shit? I groaned again and threw the blankets away from my body and got ready for school.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Messy blonde and brown hair, dull blue-ish and brown-ish eyes, skinny arms, and not even color on my face or body. I didn’t like going outside because of the sun hitting my face every time so I stayed indoors drawing anything that caught my eye. I memory flashed in my eyes.

I saw a boy with blank blue-ish and brown-ish eyes, hands gripped onto the sink, and straight near his wrist. That boy was me.

I quickly stripped down and got into the cold shower. I washed myself quickly and got out of the shower, grabbing a towel and walking into my room, almost slipping. It’ll probably make me feel again if I fall. I grabbed random clothes in my room and put them on, rubbing the towel on my wet hair.

I threw the towel on my bed and rushed downstairs and walked into the kitchen to see my mom and dad drinking coffee. They had a simple job. They worked in the same job for three years and I don’t think they’ll give up on it. They were teachers in the same school but they teached different subjects. My mom taught English while my dad taught Math. Opposite attract.

My mom stopped drinking her coffee and looked at me. My dad glanced at me a few times. I got used to it. I knew they loved me and wanted to keep me safe but I’m okay. Scratch that I’m not. I knew what was wrong with me but I don’t know want to talk about it. I glanced back at them and they only shook their heads, drinking their coffees again. My mom got up and kissed my forehead, muttering a bye. She walked out of the house with her coat and laptop. I stared at her until she left.

The door made me cringe inside. My dad stared at his feet as he kissed my forehead. He didn’t say anything. He left with his coat and his laptop. The bad part about that day was your parents can’t look you into the eyes. The worst part about that day was they didn’t say Happy Birthday to their own fucking son. I grabbed my dad’s coffee cup and took a sip.

“Happy fucking birthday to me,” I mumbled.

 ~~~

The stares were killing me. I was already dead inside, I think. I don’t know. My blonde-ish and brown-ish hair were covering my eyes. Time to get a hair cut. But he wouldn’t like that. I almost stopped walking. I can’t think about him now. It’s not like I do it everyday because I do. I think about him because he used to take me to school. He used to grab on my sleeve and drag me to school. He used to help me with things that I couldn’t understand. I pulled his leather jacket closer to my body and walked past people who glanced at me or whispered to their friends. I wanted nothing more to go in my room and think about him.

I opened my locker and shoved binders inside, trying to keep everything from falling. I slammed it shut and put my book bag on my right shoulder and turned around only to be face to face with Casper. Casper had red hair, blue eyes, a beauty mark on his cheek and a few on his neck.

“Are you alright?” He asked, biting his lip. I shrugged and gave him a blank look. He sighed and took a step closer to me. “You have to talk sometimes, Gabe. I miss your voice.”

I raised an eyebrow and took a step back, shaking my head. He knew what I was going through. He knew why I couldn’t use my voice much often. His eyes were sad and hurt, like a kicked puppy. I took a step closer to him and reached out to grab his hand but it was his time to take a step back. He looked around and saw teens minding their own business.

“Look, I have to talk to you later. It’s something important,” he whispered.

I opened my mouth to say something but he walked away, leaving me in a crowd filled with teens I didn’t like. He didn’t looked back. Not even once. Casper used to looked back. I guessed he forgot my birthday too.