31. Zouis: Lean On Me When You're Not Strong

Prompt: Louis is finding it harder and harder to find the will to hold on.

It is a little sad with self harm and mentions of suicide so I recommend you don’t read if if you’re easily triggered and if you are going through a tough time, keep holding on because there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel, stay strong i love you xx

<><><><><><><><><><>

The water was cold as Louis sat in the bathtub, he’d been there for a while not finding the motivation to get out. He just sat there, gazing longingly at the blade he’d removed from a pencil sharpener in his study.

Louis wanted to press the sharp edge to his skin and rip into it, he wanted to watch the water turn pink as his blood seeped into it.

He wanted to die.

He’d come so close to ending his life on many occasions but there was always one person that was worth staying alive for. Zayn.

Louis loved everything about Zayn, and he always treasured the moments they shared, he hung onto every word he said and he felt as though his whole body would burst into a million tiny pieces every time they touched.

But this time was different, Louis didn’t know if just the simple thought of Zayn would keep him alive. He was unsure if really anything could keep him alive because he was just so broken beyond repair and he really only wanted to get out.

Louis traced the edge of the blade along the scars on his thighs, gently tracing the word worthless.

Louis, you are worthless!” He spat, shoving him to ground.

I.. I’m sorry...” Louis stammered, trying to pull himself to his feet.

You ruined everything. You always ruin everything!”

Louis felt the foot collide with his stomach and he rolled down onto his back clutching at the area of pain trying desperately to soothe the sting, only to be kicked again, in the side this time, and he howled in pain wishing for it all to be over.

Get up!”

Louis only groaned in response, squeezing his teary eyes shut.

I said get up dammit.” He roared, gripping Louis’ hair and dragging him up into the sitting position. “Get. Up.”

Louis pushed himself slowly off the ground and was met with cold blue eyes. The same blue eyes that used to hold so much love and kindness towards the brunette. The eyes softened oh so slightly for a brief second before hardening as Louis’ head twisted to the side for the force of the slap that had just been delivered his way.

You deserve all of this.” He spat, before storming out the front door, leaving Louis alone to his thoughts.

No one knew about the abuse except for Zayn, but Zayn was never meant to find out, it was just a hot moment of weakness, and Louis swore him to secrecy.

Louis was sat on his bed, he was home alone twiddling his cellphone in his hands debating what he should do. His stomach felt like it was going to implode and his entire face was throbbing as a droplet of blood trickled from his nose and onto the sheets below him.

He pressed the button for Zayn’s number, and held the phone gently to his ear.

Hey Louis!” Zayn’s cheery voice rang through the phone. “How are ya?”