28. Ziall: Remember That I Need You

@zaynftniall

Prompt: Could you do a sad Ziall one shot based on this [Picture on side] ,I know it's not much but yeah, it would be really awesome

I actually love this prompt it’s so sweet, thank you ((:

<><><><><><><><><>

“Zayn, where did Louis go?” Niall was lay across the couch with his feet in Zayn’s lap as they watched the telly,

“He went home baby."

“When?” Niall asked as he sat up, he didn’t remember Louis leaving.

“Two hours ago.” Zayn smiled gently as he placed his hand on Niall’s knee.

Niall lay his hand over top of Zayn’s, his delicate features etched into a frown because he was sure Louis never left and if he did he never said goodbye. Niall didn’t speak these thoughts though, he just let out a soft sigh.

“I’d like to go to bed now.” Niall whispered.

Zayn nodded, and the two made their way to the bedroom. The house was relatively small, only one story with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a study room, a kitchen and a living room. There was a back-door that lead to their small back yard that Niall was particularly fond of, he loved to go out there and lay under the big oak tree, shut his eyes and just listen.

Zayn and Niall ran through the check-list on the mini whiteboard hung in the bathroom, checking off everything they’d done before climbing into bed. Zayn shut the light off and pulled Niall safely into his chest breathing in the minty tooth paste smell.

“Where’s Louis?” Niall inquired trying to sit up, “Has he gone to bed in the spare room?”

“He’ll be back in the morning.” Zayn soothed, pulling Niall back into him, “I love you.”

“I love you more Zaynie.”

Niall has Alzheimer’s. It ran in his family for generations. Niall was the unlucky member though because most of his family members weren’t as severe as Niall is until they were in their late fifties. Niall was only just thirty.

Zayn and Niall had been married for seven years and Niall had never actually mentioned this part of his family’s history until the symptoms for early stages of Alzheimer’s began and Zayn slowly picked up on it.

They were small to begin with, Niall grew more forgetful, he began having trouble concentrating and completing assignments for the jobs he was assigned to at work, He would be at the park with Zayn but think he was back at home and he was having trouble putting a few sentences together.

Niall had confessed to Zayn that he didn’t say anything because he was scared Zayn would leave him, he was afraid that Zayn would get angry at him for not remembering important dates such as Zayn’s birthday and their wedding anniversary.

But Zayn didn’t mind.

Alzheimer’s or not, Zayn was in love with Niall and it frustrated him to no end when people would make Niall feel bad about his condition. Zayn would never forget the time his workmate’s wife kicked him out, Zayn had let the guy stay with him and Niall and he’d watch as the guy got more and more snappy with Niall for asking all the same questions to the point that he’d yelled and made Niall cry so Zayn sent him packing.

Zayn had always been protective over Niall even before the Alzheimer’s got bad. They’d met at a bar when Zayn first moved to Ireland and was bar tending for a little money in between college. He’d trained to be a pilot because he loved flying but unfortunately had to give up that dream as Niall got worse, because he knew Niall wouldn’t understand why Zayn wouldn’t come home some nights, but Zayn wasn’t mad, a little disappointed but not mad, he’d do anything for his Niall.