[3]: The Affair Ends

2011 Chicago, Illinois

Klaus Mikaelson brought the Salvatore twins to Chicago.

Skyler hasn't been in the city since the 1920s. In 1919, they were run out of New Orleans by Mikael. He set fire to the opera house, they almost got trapped inside, but they were able to make it out. However, they lost Marcel in the fire, or so they thought. But it took Skyler a while to get over that loss. She loved Marcel like a brother. He understood her, being someone who wasn't born into the Mikaelson family but was brought in. Their bond was special in a different way from everyone else. Two outsiders just trying to find out where they belonged.

She was destroyed when she thought he died.

"Welcome back to Chicago twins," Klaus said.

"What are we doing back here?" Skyler asked while shaking her head. She did have good memories of Chicago, but there were some that were also very bad. Mikael ran them out of Chicago too, that's why they went to Italy afterward. But, back in Chicago, they also saw Stefan back in the 20s.

But he doesn't remember.

"I know how much you both loved it here. Is it bringing back memories of the good old Ripper days, Stefan... and the married days, Skyler?" Klaus asked and she rolled her eyes.

"I was blacked out for most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur," Stefan said.

"Just like my marriage," Skyler said. Klaus gave her a look, but he didn't say anything.

"Well, that's a crying shame. The details are what makes it legendary. Word was that the Ripper of Monterey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much more fun," Klaus said. Skyler agreed with that. In the 20s, almost everything that had to do with substances was illegal.

That made doing those things all the more fun.

"You do have a point... and I know I had a lot of fun in the 20s," Skyler said and Klaus had a smirk on his face.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus said.

"Yeah, well... I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it," Stefan said and that was because Klaus compelled him to forget most of it.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked.

"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked. Skyler thought he had a point. She didn't understand why Klaus brought them there either.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"Rise and shine, sleepy head."

Damon Salvatore lay in Elena Gilbert's bed, and Benjamin was waiting outside in the car. Katherine called him and told him that she knew where his siblings were, and now they were going to take a road trip to Chicago. Damon was lying with his hands behind his head and Elena's head was on his chest, without her exactly knowing that's where her head was.

"Oh my gosh! What are you doing!? Get out!" Elena exclaimed when she woke up and realized that her head was on Damon's chest and he laughed.

"You know you were dreaming about me. Explains the drool." Damon said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Ugh. Oh my gosh." She said, and then she turned to her side and she looked at her alarm clock, which read that it was six in the morning, and she rolled her eyes again.