[9]: Homecoming

2011 Mystic Falls, Virginia

Skyler Salvatore stood in the Salvatore Boarding House Parlor room with her brothers, Benjamin, Elena, and Rebekah. She was calling Klaus because Elena had just daggered Mikael, and she was going to tell Klaus that Mikael was dead because she knew that would draw him back to Mystic Falls. Klaus answered her call on the second ring. "You should've come with me, love. Portland is fantastic. Well, once you get over all the whiny music and healthy-looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves," Klaus said. Skyler rolled her eyes.

"Klaus, I don't care about any of that. Your father is dead," Skyler said. She imagined her husband froze on the other end of the line, which he did, and his next words came out slower.

"What did you just say to me?" Klaus asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry love, not your actual father, he died long ago. I mean your stepdaddy, Mikael. And not dead, but he's daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Skyler asked.

"Don't mock me, Skyler. I want you to explain to me exactly what happened," Klaus said and Skyler shrugged her shoulders.

"Gladly."

one hour earlier

"Okay, let's say Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait," Stefan said. Elena turned to Stefan and raised an eyebrow.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked and Skyler laughed.

"Hell no. You have to come up with a better excuse than that. Mikael is a vampire that hunts other vampires and he's over 1000 years old. Klaus won't buy it if we tell him only one of us was able to overpower Mikael and vervain him," Skyler said.

"Okay, say we vervained him. As my sister just said, he's an original, we need to make it realistic," Damon said. Elena nodded while Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger," Stefan said.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead...-" Benjamin started and Skyler finished the sentence.

"...-We drove it through his heart," Skyler said.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked.

"Good point, because he will definitely ask and want to see the body," Skyler said.

"Stefan, my brother, you have been compelled to do what Klaus says, so we're going to have Skyler deliver the story since the idea is to lure him back here and kill him. The last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied," Damon said. Stefan shrugged.

"Fine. She's in charge of getting him back here anyway," Stefan said.

"Anyways, back on the matter at hand. Klaus isn't an idiot. If I get him on the phone and tell him that the man who has abused and hunted him for over 1000 years is dead, he will want proof," Skyler said.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael said as he entered the parlor room.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked.

"Then that means our plan is working. As my daughter-in-law said, Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, I will kill him," Mikael said.

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him," Stefan said.

"You don't think he knows that? He's been hunting his children for centuries," Skyler said.