[20]: Don't Be Gentle

2012 Mystic Falls, Virginia

Skyler Salvatore along with Caroline Forbes and Elena Gilbert were walking through the gym hallway that was being decorated for the decade dance. For this decade's dance, Rebekah chose the 20s, which Skyler was grateful for. She loved the twenties, and despite the bad memories that came with it, she thought it was a fun decade.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together. Why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked Elena. Alaric decided to go off-grid with Bonnie's herbs and lay low.

"There's nothing bad about it, Elena just thinks negatively about everything," Skyler teased, making Caroline laugh and Elena scowl.

"I just wish there was something I could do," Elena said and then she picked up a chandelier. "Where do you want me to hang this thing?" She asked.

"You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should've shown up to do it herself," Caroline said as she sighed. Skyler figured something must've happened to Rebekah, but she didn't know what. She knew Rebekah wouldn't organize something that she was excited about and then not show up to help out. "Just no!" Caroline yelled as the girls stopped walking. Jeremy, Matt, and Benjamin were on ladders, hanging up stars from the ceiling.

"Oh gosh," Skyler said.

"What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down!" Caroline snapped at them and Skyler laughed. The boys looked at each other before nodding.

"Trickle, duh. C'mon guys," Benjamin said to them. The girls started to walk away.

"Look at them, all bromance," Caroline said.

"Yeah, I asked Matt and Benjamin to help Jeremy readjust. I didn't know it, but apparently, Benjamin and Jeremy spent a lot of time together. And Matt helped him get his old job back at the Grill," Elena said. Skyler also didn't know Benjamin and Jeremy spent time together. She thought it was funny Jeremy had secret close relationships with both of them.

"That's nice of them," Caroline said.

"Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric really has him stressed out," Elena said and Caroline laughed.

"Are you sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asked and Skyler stopped walking.

"Whoa... what the hell?" Skyler asked. Caroline and Elena stopped walking as well. Caroline's eyes widened as she looked at Elena.

"Elena! You didn't tell Skyler?" She asked.

"I made out with her brother, I didn't think it was going to be a great conversation," Elena said.

"It wouldn't have been. But okay, now I know. I'm wiping the image from my mind, and we're moving on," Skyler said as they started walking again.

"And Caroline, I also didn't tell you so that you could torture me with it," Elena said.

"Aww, but what else are friends for? So, who are you guys bringing to the dance?" Caroline asked them. Skyler had been under the impression that the girls were all going together.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked as she wrapped a feathered boa around her neck. "I thought you, Bonnie, Skyler, and I were going as girl dates," Elena said.

"That's what I thought too," Skyler said.

"Bonnie has a date," Caroline said.

"She does? Good for her," Skyler said at the same time Elena said.