[4]: Disturbing Behavior

2011 Chicago, Illinois

Klaus, Stefan, and Skyler were inside a clothing store to get Rebekah new clothes. She was in the fitting room, trying things on, while the other three were sitting outside of the fitting room. Then Rebekah walked out in a short black dress and shook her head.

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah said and Skyler laughed.

"There's not," Klaus said.

"So, women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers," Rebekah said and Skyler shrugged.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Skyler teased and Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident," Rebekah said and Skyler laughed more.

"It's dance music," Stefan said. Rebekah looked a combination of surprised and appalled.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah asked. The twins nodded while Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Are we done?" Klaus asked.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace and you lost it," Klaus snapped and Skyler glared at him. She had just told him last night not to give Rebekah flax for that because it wasn't her fault the necklace was gone.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years," Rebekah said. Then she turned to Stefan and gestured to her dress. "What do you think?" She asked.

"I like it," Stefan said. Rebekah shook her head and rolled her eyes. "What? I said I like it," Stefan said and she shook her head.

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan," Rebekah said, then she turned around and walked back into the fitting room. Stefan looked confused as to what just happened. Skyler laughed while sipping her champagne, and Klaus looked at Stefan.

"Nice one. Good work," Klaus said.

"You're the one who pulled the dagger out of her," Stefan said.

"I heard that," Rebekah said and Skyler laughed again.

"Alright, alright. I'm going to get some fresh air," Stefan said. He walked out of the store and Skyler finished off her champagne before setting the glass down and walking up to the fitting room.

"Don't worry, Bex. We're gonna find you some clothes."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

After they found Rebekah some outfits that she liked, they made their way back to Gloria's bar. Stefan hadn't rejoined them yet, and Skyler didn't know what was keeping him. What she didn't know was that he left the store because he saw Katherine lurking around outside. Gloria was sitting at a table, reciting a spell, the three vampires were sitting at the bar.

"So, the last time I saw you two... it was a happy marriage, you used to barely be able to keep your hands off of each other, and now, I haven't seen a single piece of affection between you two. What happened?" Rebekah asked.

"You missed a lot, but it wasn't your fault. After we left Chicago and your brother put you in a box, he got insufferable, so I left him. I also had to dagger Elijah so he would let me go... we kinda smoothed that over though," Skyler said and Rebekah laughed.

"How did you dagger Elijah without dying yourself?" Rebekah asked.

"Honestly, Bex. I don't know. Maybe I'm a special vampire that can dagger you guys without dying," Skyler said and Rebekah laughed.