[12]: The Ties That Bind

2011 Mystic Falls, Virginia

Stefan Salvatore was already mad. When Stefan and his sister Skyler walked inside of the witch house and went to where the coffins were, Bonnie was there. But that wasn't why Stefan was mad. Stefan was mad because of who else was there in the room.

Elena.

"What the hell are you doing?" Stefan asked as he looked at Bonnie.

"I needed her to know about the coffins," Bonnie said.

"And I needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie," Stefan said. Elena turned and looked at Stefan.

"So, what are you going to do, Stefan? Are you going to kidnap me so I won't tell anyone?" Elena snapped.

"I see we're not over the bridge thing yet," Skyler said while clearing her throat. Elena gave her a look.

"Don't tempt me," Stefan said.

"I think I know who can open the coffin, Stefan, and I need Elena to help me find her," Bonnie said.

"Find who? What are you talking about?" Stefan asked.

"I couldn't place her face at first. Then I realized..." Bonnie pulled out a picture and showed it to Elena. When Elena looked at the photo, her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, Bonnie," Elena said as she showed the Salvatore twins the picture.

"Who is this, Bonnie?" Skyler asked, even though she was pretty sure she knew.

"It's my mom."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

Bonnie, Skyler, and Elena were at Elena's house and they were looking through a pile of files from the Sheriff's office of driver's licenses of every Abby Bennett that they could find. Skyler thought it was tedious because it was taking forever, and so far, they kept finding a lot of dead ends. Elena handed Bonnie a file of someone named 'Abby Bennett Wilson' and Bonnie shook her head.

"Too old," Bonnie said.

"Honolulu?" Skyler asked as she held up another file.

"I wish. How many of these are there?" Bonnie asked.

"A lot. I asked the Sheriff's office to pull up every single Abby Bennett in the country," Elena said. Skyler groaned again. This was tedious and she wanted to do something else, anything else. She was considering going back and hashing things out with Klaus just because that seemed like it would be less painful than this search.

"I know we haven't been able to really... that things have been weird because of Jeremy, so, thank you both for helping me with this. I know you have a lot to deal with," Bonnie said.

"There's nothing more important, Bonnie," Elena said.

"Helps me avoid my own issues, so," Skyler siad as she shrugged.

"It's surreal. Having to track down a woman who bailed on her own kid," Bonnie said. Skyler did feel for her. She knew what it was like to be abandoned, but she imagined it hurt more coming from the person who birthed you.

"You know you don't have to, right? Let Stefan obsess over opening the coffins. It doesn't have to fall on you," Elena said. Bonnie shook her head.

"The coffins are spelled shut. That makes it a witch problem. So, it does fall on me. I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later," Bonnie said. Then Damon walked inside the house with a folder in his hands.

"Sooner. Abby Bennett Wilson. Monroe, North Carolina. Born in Mystic Falls Hospital, graduated at Mystic Falls High... blah, blah, blah," Damon said as he handed Bonnie the folder. She opened it and started to go through the information. "A little compulsion helps speed up the research process," Damon said.