[5]: Reckoning

2011 Mystic Falls, Virginia

"Oh come on, seriously! Do you know how long it took for us to set all of this up!?" Caroline Forbes yelled at Matt Donovan when he walked into the classroom that she, Bonnie, Tyler, Elena, Benjamin, and Skyler were in. Caroline wanted to set up mouse traps all over the floor, which Skyler thought was kind of a dumb prank, but Caroline was having fun so she was having fun. Tyler laughed as he looked at his best friend.

"You forgot about senior prank night, huh?" He asked.

"Clearly," Matt said and then he turned to Skyler. "I thought you were gone," He said.

"Clearly, I was, and now I'm not," Skyler responded. He held his hands up in surrender and Caroline groaned.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year," Caroline said.

"Care, have you all been waiting since freshman year or have you been waiting that long? There is a difference," Skyler said and everyone laughed.

"Fine, fine," Caroline said and Elena smiled.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena said.

"I'm kind of surprised you are doing this," Matt responded.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie said and Caroline groaned.

"We're about to be seniors! These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't...-" Benjamin cut in.

"...-And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all," Benjamin teased her. Everyone laughed while Caroline rolled his eyes.

"You're all lame...-" Tyler started to say, but Skyler cut in.

"...-Hey, watch it, wolf boy," She said.

"Okay, everyone except Skyler, you're all lame and I've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler said. He grabbed a duffel bag and left. Elena grabbed Skyler's arm and pulled her off the ground and towards the door.

"Hey! Where are you two going?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah, doppelicious, where are we going?" Skyler asked. Elena laughed at the nickname, something that Trevor had called her when he and Rose kidnapped them.

"We're going to super glue Alaric's desk shut among other pranks to his classroom, we're making memories," Elena said and Skyler smirked.

"I like the way you think, Gilbert. Let's go," Skyler said. They wrapped their arms around each other and Caroline called out from behind them.

"I love you two!" She exclaimed.

Skyler and Elena continued walking through the halls and laughing as they heard Tyler bossing around some of the other seniors. They walked through the double doors that led to Alaric's classroom, but they never made it to his classroom.

They came face to face with Klaus.

"There are my girls," Klaus said in a cheery tone, but Skyler knew he wasn't happy.

"Klaus!" Elena exclaimed and Skyler immediately stepped in front of Elena.

"So, this is the little secret my wife has been hiding and lying to me about. You're supposed to be dead, so what are we going to do about that?" Klaus said as he grabbed both of them and started to drag them towards the gym. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now, my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing," He said and then he looked at Skyler. "How long have you known?" He asked.