Chapter One~*

In case there's anyone who clicked on this wondering if this is the second part of Dear My Sanity, guess what? It is. Hope you all enjoy.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

1- Jeff

I sit on the edge of the hole and on my side I can feel someone is pressing into me. There's an irresistible pull, one that tugs at me and demands I fall into the chasm. It's hard to even pull my gaze away to see who is sitting by me. When I'm finally able to tear my eyes away from the empty void, I turn my head and see her. Short brown hair comes to a curl underneath her chin, dirty strands cupping her stained cheek. Even in the dark, her dark blue eyes stand out to me. The firs time I saw her, I mistook them for being brown but now I can see the vivid color. She's not looking at me, instead choosing to gaze fearfully down into the dark chasm. 

It feels so natural seeing her that I forget for a moment that she's been gone. When I finally remember, I try to open my mouth, but I seem to be frozen in place. I attempt to move to her but my moving my arms even a little makes the pull of the hole feel stronger, to the point where I'm sure I'll fall in if I keep trying to touch her. But she's right there, so close to me. I just want to know why the hell she disappeared without saying anything or why Slender won't even stay in the same room as me. 

"One of us has to go." She says this in monotone, not even looking at me.

My mouth opens and closes several times but no words can come out. It's frustrating not being able to do anything and for some reason I feel like it's because of the chasm we're both hanging above. Looking down, I wonder how we even got here. I'm not too worried because there have been plenty of times where I seem to forget things, so I'm sure if I could just talk to her I could figure everything out. 

However, I'm still immobilized by the pull. Though, I never really have been the type to give up and listen to something, even if it were bigger or stronger than me. Fighting against the pull, I force my mouth open and ignore the way my body wavered a bit on the edge. My hands grip hard onto the ledge. With this newfound freedom, I start to reach out. Her name is a croak in my throat. Hearing me, she finally looks over and smiles sadly.

"I'm sorry." She whispers, her hand reaching out to mine.

My hands are closing on hers when she suddenly leans forward, releasing her freedom to the void. Suddenly, the lock on my body is gone just in time for a shout of protest to be ripped from my mouth. My gaze follows her as she falls, a sharp scream of pain chasing her down. Without even thinking, I hurl myself off the edge. I couldn't let her leave me again with no explanation or anyway to understand why things had to be this way. But, instead of falling, I feel the hood of my jacket catch on something and pull me back. I jerk and twist, even going so far as to reach back for whatever is holding me but I can't find anything. I'm stuck. 

A shout of frustration leaves me as I give up, my body feeling incredibly heavy. Her voice still drums into my ears, my name echoing off her lips as she fell further down. 

"Jeff! Jeff!"

2- Jeff

I find the strength to twist one final time in the grip of whatever is holding me back, and feel my arm smack something.

"Jeff, what the hell?" A familiar voice snaps. It's not her. 

I stop moving at his voice and push the cover up from over my eyes. Gabriel's green eyes stare down at me and I realize his face is a bit too close for comfort.

"What do you want?" I growl and push his face away.

He lands on the floor and glares at me. "You were screaming in your sleep. Something about Jamie." Gabriel says her name in a hushed tone.