Chapter Twenty Eight~*

1- Jamie

My eyes widen in surprise. "Uhm, what?"

"Eyeless Jack, no, it is too soon. I-"

"Don't give me that lie! You guys have been at it for like a month. I should have done this sooner." EJ rages.

"Sure, just ignore me."

"I do not know what you are talking about."

"Oh, come on! Just let me watch. It's not that big of a deal." Slender stays quiet. "I got you there. Now, are we good to do this or not?"

A huge wave of anger gets thrown off Slender. I know everyone feels it even though it's aimed only at Eyeless Jack, who flinches and stumbles backwards. I clutch at my head in agony. Beside me, I hear Jeff give a painful grunt and, some where in the back of it all, I hear the sound of someone falling to their knees.

"Watch that tone. I am still in charge here. Yes, I shall allow you to watch. We will move to the training arena. Let us go, Jamie." Slender states, not ever bothering to allow any of us to recover from the mental attack.

"I'm going to die," I mutter as I stand up slowly.

"Hang on, I'm going too." Jeff shouts at Slender's back.

"Me too!" Gold stands from a kneeling position and I realize it was him who fell.

Slenderman turns quickly around. "What? No! Only Eyeless-"

"Rules state any one can come and watch. If the boys want to watch, let them. Who cares?" EJ walks out of the mansion, leading the way.

Another, smaller wave comes off of Slender but it almost rolls over my mind, as if it wants nothing from me except my acknowledgement of its existence. This is a good sign. That means he's calming down enough to control his emotions, thankfully. I'm not sure how many more of these mental attacks I can take before I lose my mind completely.

"Let us go. He will not wait for us." With that, he blinks out, leaving its to scramble out the door after Eyeless Jack.

2- Jamie

I have never been in the Training Arena before and the sight of it takes my breath away. When I first stepped through the door, I thought I had just walked into another part of the forest. But then my eyes wandered and I realized it wasn't the actual forest. Even now, I'm noticing little details that prove we are in a building. The trees are a lot shorter than the trees outside, the dirt on the floor is only an inch thick, the walls are just black, the ceiling loomed above us, and, most notably, there is a glass wall to my right, where I could see a control panel. EJ sits at the controls and looks at us with a bored expression.

I gulp nervously. Jeff always told me stories about this place and none of the stories are exactly good ones. It also made me nervous that Jeff, Gold and Eyeless Jack would be watching me fight with Slender. I have no idea just how badly I might lose.

A hand gently touches my shoulder and look over to see Jeff smiling sweetly at me. I study him in wonder. His carved grin which looked larger when he smiled, his unblinking eyes, his pale skin. I stare most at his eyes. It's a mystery to me how he's still able to see. His eyes should have been ruined a long time ago from the lack of eyelids. When I realize I've been staring for a long time, I look away.

Jeff leans forward and presses his lips to my forehead. I smile gently and wrap an arm around his waist. He pulls me into a tighter hug and I bury my face into his chest, breathing in the soapy smell of detergent.

To tell the truth, I'm just as amazed as anyone else that this boy washes his clothes. He's actually a pretty big neat freak. He doesn't like his clothes being dirty and he always makes sure his hair is washed. I remember one time I put on a pair of jeans that I had already worn without washing and he totally freaked on me. I will always wonder where he got that from.