Chapter Ten~*

1- Jamie

I sit in the meadow Jeff and I had our first kiss in. It's been a week since Jeff and I kissed once again. I don't like the feeling that rises up when I think about our most recent kiss. I push the thought away and focus on the meadow.

The flowers are still in bloom but it's obvious they're dying. In places there are patches of just green grass, where no flowrs grow. I'm currently sitting in one of those patches. I lay back and watch as clouds drift peacefully past. The day passes by slowly, which is something I'm extremely grateful for. I haven't felt this relaxed in nearly three years so it feels good to just lay back and enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face.

The sun slowly sinks over the edge of the horizon and I let my eyes close. I wake up several hours later and there is someone beside. My guard is instantly up and I'm about to attack the person when I recognize who it is. My heart slowly sinks and I turn my head to look away from him.

"Jamie," Jeff says slowly, forcing my head to turn back to him. "We really need to talk."

I chuckle to myself. "About what? What happened happened. I'm sorry for kissing you. If I had known you would have wanted to pretend it never happened after, I never would have kissed you." I look away from him because it just stings too much to look at him.

He stays quiet. I stay on the ground, not bothering to look at him. We sit in silence but eventually I just can't take it anymore.

"I'm going to go inside." I begin to push myself up but Jeff grabs my shoulders and pushes me back down. "What-"

He presses his lips on mine, stopping me from continuing. I'm shocked but I don't pull away. He pulls away and grins.

"Jamie, you're so stupid." I open my mouth to argue but he kisses me again. "I wasn't asking you to forget the kiss! I was saying let's just forget about the other girl."

I look at him in surprise before what he said sinks in. I feel a smile grow on my face and my heart leaps. "What girl?"

"The girl-" I cover his mouth and stop him. He looks at me in confusion.

"There is no other girl." I whisper before kissing him gently on the lips.

When I pull away he looks at me in amazement. "You are something else, Jamie Monroe."

I nod. "You know it."

We lie back on the grass, me in his arms and we just lay there. I feel content and safe in his arms, almost as if his arms chase away all the monsters that lie inside me. I've felt this before with him but never at such an extreme level like I do now. But, it still feels wrong. I know why but I just don't want to think about that now. He sort of apologized already.

Eventually, Jeff suggests we go inside and we get up. Jeff holds my hands as we walk to the mansion and doesn't let it go until we reach his floor.

"Are you going to go back up?" He asks looking up the stairs to the top floor.

"Yeah." I look at him.

"Why?" He asks, confused.

I take a deep breath. "Jeff, I'm not ready to forgive you for what you did. You replaced me. I can't forget that betrayal."

He looks at me for a long time before nodding swiftly and turning away. "We'll talk more in the morning."

"Actually, we can't." He stops. "I'm going to visit my mom in the morning."

"Is that a good idea?" He asks, turning around.

"Yes. I used to visit her all the time when I was away. You don't have to worry." He still doesn't look too happy, despite the smile carved into his face. "I'll come to see you as soon as I get back. Now, let me go to my room."