Chapter Thirty One~*

1- Jeff

One more second with these two girls and I swear I'll kill myself. Ever since we set off yesterday, they've both been talking non-stop. At this point, I've stopped trying to follow what they were talking about since there doesn't seem to be anything connecting their conversations. One time, they were talking about what shoes would be best to wear during what situation then they were going on about how your hairstyle could affect your aim with a gun.

I never knew Rayne to care about clothes or fashion but she managed to keep up with Darcy in the conversation. Speaking of which, I almost didn't recognize her when I first saw her. Darcy's hair was cut very short and her clothes were less about showing off skin and more for comfort and movement. When I asked about her hair, she shrugged and said she refused to give someone an opportunity to grab her by the hair. Then she looked at me and suggested I follow her example. I stopped talking to her after that.

But I guess what surprised me most of all about the two is that they didn't seem to care about me at all. When we left, I expected them to be like they were last time we had been together, which was clingy and desperate to get in my pants. However, they've mostly been ignoring me and acting like they didn't even know me. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to know I'll be able to go back to Jamie with such reassuring news.

My lips pull into a small smile at the thought. I miss her like crazy, which is something I hadn't expected. Lately she's been having mood swings so I thought this would be a good break for me. But Darcy and Rayne showing up kind of ruins it for me.

Speaking of Darcy and Rayne . . .

"Shut the fuck up! I'm going to murder you two, I swear. I can't take anymore of your talking. No one cares about if a hat or scarf is better for hiding in plain sight. You both have no experience with that anyways."

"Like you'll be one to know," Darcy states, not breaking eye contact with Rayne. They continue talking as if I didn't say anything.

"I groan and stop walking, leaning against a concrete wall. A man walks by and doesn't even give us a second glance. My hand goes up to my necklace, which prevents people from being able to see me unless I want them to. "What's the point of this mission anyways? I swear, Zalgo must be losing it because the missions have been making less and less sense."

"How are we supposed to know? We're just here to watch you."

"Thanks for nothing, Rayne. Until you two decide to actually help me, I'll be over there." I growl, stalking over to an alley where I sit on the ground and take my head into my hands.

The two girls ignore me, continuing their pointless conversation about clothes. I don't understand why I had to come with them. I could have just as easily gotten this mission done with Jamie by my side. As a matter of fact, I probably would be able to do it faster with her instead of these two. It's not like either of them really know how to hold their own in a fight.

A small drop lands on my hand and I look up in time to get another drop of water in my eye. The sky has darkened considerably fast and, judging by the clouds, it's going to rain nice and hard. I sit for a minute longer, letting the drops come down on me. Rayne and Darcy are nowhere to be seen and I thank the rain for that.

The rain starts coming harder so I stand and walk slowly towards the house we are staying in. I get drenched along the way but it doesn't bother me at all. The rain reminds me of Jamie, because I got her back in the rain. A smile stretches my lips thinner as I remember the way she looked, her short hair drenched and her clothes clinging to her body. . . Not that I was looking or anything. I just happened to notice it.

Out of nowhere, a filthy wave of water washes over me and I flinch in surprise. I start screaming curses at the car that kicked up the wave in its wake. The car, in turn, keeps on driving. In my anger, I grab a rock from the sidewalk and throw it at one of the windows. The screeching of brakes sounds out and the car comes to a complete stop. Then, it starts moving backwards, which is illegal. Don't do that kids.