Chapter Six~*

1- Jeff

Sleep is reluctant to let me go, but there's something in the back of my mind that tells me I need to wake up. Although I want to ignore it and be lulled back into the rare bit of peaceful sleep, I let the feeling win. After all, it must be urgent if it's bothering me so much. One thing I've learned over the years is to trust my instincts. I roll over, expecting to move across the bed to the edge where I'd be able to easily sit up and get my bearings. However, I feel something stopping me from continuing my roll. At first I think it's a pillow, but then I realize it's a lot warmer and more human shaped than a pillow. I push up the cover from my eyes and see that it's just Jamie.

Jamie? 

My brain freezes for a moment. I sit up and just stare at her. She moves a little before waking up. I watch as her eyes flutter open and she looks at me. Her mouth opens in a yawn but she still smiles at me.

"What time is it?" She sits up beside me.

"Probably around 7." I answer.

"It's actually 10." We both flinch as the lights turn on and I see Gabriel standing at the door. He's glaring at me and walks to the bed. "Why are you only in a shirt, Jamie? And Jeff, put on some clothes!" He growls and pulls Jaime out of bed.

"What the hell, Gabriel?" She says and rips her arm from his grip.

"I don't want you to sleep in here with him anymore." Gabriel grabs at her arm again but she slaps his hand away.

"I do whatever the hell I want! You are not my father or mother." She declared, staring right into his eyes.

"I'm not, but think of what your mother would say if she saw you." Gabriel added.

Jamie goes quiet and just glares at him. "Get out." She says in a deadly tone. He doesn't move. "Get out." She roars, grabs him by the shirt and throws him to the door. He hits the wall with a hard thump and slumps to the ground.

He looks up at her in surprise before standing. "Fine." He mutters. "Fine." He walks out and slams the door behind him.

1- Jamie

I stare at the door. My hands are shaking violently and it takes everything I have not to chase after Gabriel and kill him. I let out a frustrated scream, turn and punch the wall as hard as I can. A huge dent appears and my knuckles start stinging.

"Jamie." Jeff grabs and my shoulders. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

"Sorry." I say once I've calmed down.

"It's fine." He pulls me to his chest and hugs me but I push him away.

"Sorry, not now." I turn to him and see him nod. "Hey, are you as hungry as me?" I try and smile a fake smile.

2- Jeff

Jamie stands at the stove, cooking these things she calls pan cakes. I stare at her back and watch what she puts in the pan cakes. When the things are a golden brown, she puts them on a plate and cover her's in butter and this really thick liquid. I look at the jar and see it's called syrup.

"Here." She smiles and puts the pan cakes in front of me.

"Thanks."

I pick up my fork and stab at it. The fork sinks in and I pick it up but it slides off. I keep stabbing at it, trying to pick it up but it always slides off. I'm just about to throw the plate of food when I hear Jaime laugh.

"Jeff, you're supposed to cut them." I look at her plate and see the cakes in pieces on her plate. "Haven't you ever eaten pancakes?"

I look down and put my fork down. "I think I might have eaten them with my family."