Chapter Thirty Five~*

1- Jeff

A person would think that five guys against one girl would be no problem, but Jane isn’t just one normal girl. She is one crazy, murderous girl who likes to play dirty.

When I jumped into the fight to help instead of chasing after Jamie, I thought it would be over quickly and, like always, I was quickly proved wrong.

“Ben, help!” Gold shouts, pinned to the ground by Jane.

“Someone get the crazy bitch a tranquilizer!”

I rush over to Gold and Jane, throwing myself at her. She screams bloody murder and starts clawing at my face with her nails. The cuts sting but I bear it and hold her down, trying to get her arms pinned to her sides. Jane being who she is refused to let go easily and, with a good kick to the crotch, she got free of me while I stayed on the ground holding myself.

A heavy boot gets placed on my chest, holding me in place. When I look up into Jane’s face, I see the most vicious scowl and a small shudder goes through my body. She shakes her head, reaches into a pocket that had been hidden before and grabs a hold of something. The guys close in on us, forming a complete circle and ready to move if she attempts to either leave or hurt one of us.

“Give it up,” I growl. “You’ve lost. Jamie will stop Gabriel and we will kill you now. It’s done.”

For the first time since I got there, she smiles. “You really thinks it’s just me and Gabriel? I’m not stupid. There are about four other people between us and Jamie’s mom ready to stop Jamie in any way necessary.”

The rest of us tense up. Four other people Jamie would have to fight. She wouldn’t stand a chance. I feel like screaming. I’ve never been in a situation so hopelessly doomed for failure. It was always just me. I didn’t have to watch out for anyone except myself. Now, I have to worry about Jamie’s safety and my own, along with the four others who joined me on this mad chase. For a second, I feel like giving up hope.

Then, Gold screams, grabs one of Dr. Smiley’s multiple doctors tools and throws it straight at Jane’s chest. Her hand leaves her pocket and she drops powder over my face right before the sharp tool plants itself deeply into her arm because she moves at last second. She staggers back, clutching at the wound while I let out a scream of pain as the powder settles onto my face and starts to burn. Ben runs to me, knocking Jane to the ground, and drags me away from her. I scream and clutch at my face.

“What’s wrong with him?” Dr. Smiley shouts, sounding further away.

“I don’t know!” Ben responds. “The powder isn’t even there anymore. Jeff, what’s wrong?”

I scream in answer. In the background, I can hear Jane chuckling lowly. A loud smack sounds and I wonder if one of the guys slapped her. Hopefully.

“It seeped into his skin,” My body spasms. “It’ll mess with his nerve system. Have fun trying to walk and find Jamie now.”

A loud shout rings out and Ben jumps away from my side. My arms and legs feel like overcooked noodles, but I force myself to use them as if they weren’t messed up. I twitch and my body moves strangely but I pick myself up and stand. LJ is running after Jane. The other three are standing a few feet away, watching with their fists clenched. I move to chase after them but Dr. Smiley grabs me and holds me in place.

“Why are you letting him go alone?” I ask, struggling to get free of his grip.

“We have to split up. Didn’t you hear her? Four other people in the forest for Jamie to fight. Six if you want to include Jane and Gabriel. There are only five of us. Our best bet is splitting up so we can try to tackle as many of those other guys as possible.”