You Are My Sunshine

Jack's POV

It was my turn to go get snacks for lunch, by now everyone knows our names and we knows theirs,

"Mornin', Dana. Two bags of chips, please."

Sure thing, Jack. Anything else?" She smiled,

"Nah. Thanks." I grab the bags and paid.

I walk up to see the door open, what's going on? I could hear Mark talking to somebody. I go in to see Elise holding Mark's hand, actually squeezing his hand! I dropped the chips, I couldn't move, Mark came over to hug me, we couldn't stop smiling and giggling.

"Elise, volo te scire te amo." I smiled, holding her hand. I could see her smiling,

"Scio te amo etiam."

To pass the time we would listen to music and sing along, Mark and Elise had the most beautiful voices, every once in awhile other children and adults would come and listen to them sing. They would dance around and sometimes sing along. It was mostly children's songs, 'You are my sunshine', they would hum the songs and I would fall asleep, rubbing Mark's back and holding Elise. We would get 'thank you' letters from some of the parents of the kids who came in, thanking us for letting them sing and dance. I smiled at the cards, we're stuck here for a little longer cause Elise still can't see. Every once in awhile I would walk past a child's room, hear laughter, kids go into each other's rooms to play or color. The kids knew who I was. Not Jack, the millionaire's husband, not Jack the one with a blind daughter, Jack, the 'Super Hero' the one who will beat up all the bad guys and that makes me happy.

"Jack? Jack, come play with us!" Two little boys were yelling from one of the rooms,

"Alex! Mikey! How are you two doing?"

"Mom said Alex's pneumonia is almost gone!" Michael screamed putting his arms put for a hug,

"You are getting super strong, Al!" I picked him up and swung him around,

"I'm Michael!"

"Oh, gosh. Sorry, I forgot you were twins!" They giggled, " So, what are you guys playing?"

"Super heros! We saved this one for you." Alex said, handing me a spiderman action figure,

"Oh, you guys are awesome! Spidey's my favorite!"

"We know." They said simultaneously, it was kind of creepy. I stayed and played superheros for a couple of hours.

END TWENTY-EIGHTH CHAPTER