It's Go Time

Mark's POV

Jack has been acting weird all day, he made breakfast and hardly talked all day. I could tell he wanted to say something on our way home but we didn't talk. When we got into the house he was stumbling over everything, I helped him to bed, then he blacked out and I panicked.

I called a doctor and he said Jack was probably really stressed, maybe he was stressed about the wedding? Maybe he was worried about the plan backfiring? This is all my fault, I forced the wedding on him... should I cancel? I can't. Everyone will be disappointed, but maybe he didn't want to marry me and he was stressing over how to tell me? I called everyone and canceled, money isn't a problem. I heard a stirring in the bed.

"Mark? He said rubbing his eyes, then they widened, "What time is it??"

"I canceled the wedding." I tried to hold back my tears and give a smile.

"What? Why?" He asked in tears.

"You were stressed, so I thought it would take a load off."

"But-"

"Get some sleep, you need it." I turned the light off and rolled over in the bed putting the covers over my head. Everything went through my head. I was restless and I could tell that Jack was to, we didn't talk or even look at each other all night.

Jack's POV

While I was passed out Mark canceled the wedding, I was relieved but also sad. When I asked him why and he said I was stressed which is true but, I don't know. He turned the light off and covered his head, I couldn't tell if he was mad at me, because we were both awake most the night and didn't talk once. We must have passed out or something cause we woke up around 6 in the morning. It's go time.

"Okay, Mark. Get up, it's time to go. I have the injection with the red liquid, it is a chemical that, when injected will disguise your heartbeat and slightly paralyze you making it look dead. Mr. Hayborne will watch me as I inject it then he will leave, wait 15 minutes before escaping through the door left open on the right. The code is in your back pocket. Once you escape go to bed, it will help with the side effects." I held the red serum in front of him while hiding the clear one under my shirt in my pocket. It's just to help him forget, to make sure he didn't follow me.

"What's that one for?" He asked, pointing to the bulge under my shirt. I started shaking and sweating,

"Umm... nothing, i-it's nothing... it's for me." Dammit! He could probably tell I was lying.

Mark's POV

He explained the plan and the red liquid but when I asked what the clear one was for he started acting weird and said it was for him... He wasn't planning on killing himself, was he?? Was he addicted to something??

This time I got the pleasure of not being knocked out. The way to Jack's boss was actually a long drive, 8 hours! 4 hours in we stopped at a gas station and Jack went in, I grabbed the clear injection and replaced it with water. On his way out Jack waved at me, it surprised me and I dropped the water bottle making it spill everywhere.

"Mark, did I scare you?" He said giggling looking at my pants,

"Oh, ha ha You are sooooo funny. It's water you dumbass!" I said playfully punching him.

"I don't know why you're so happy, you are on your deathbed!" he said winking at me.

"Well, at least I get to see your gorgeous blue eyes in my last waking moment." I cooed placing my hands over my heart and batted my eyelashes.

"Okay, that one deserved a kiss." Before I could blink, he pressed his lips against mine, it felt different this time, more desperate, passionate, like it was the last kiss we'd ever share. Was it? I realized it might me, so I kissed him back just as desperate before he pulled away and started driving again. Less than half an hour later I had fallen asleep due to the lack of sleep last night, worrying about Jack... Jack... Jack.