Save.

Jack's POV

Mark got a text from Elise saying she was going to a friend's, it's 9:30 and she hasn't called or texted. I know she isn't supposed to be home for another half hour, but something is off... she always calls, I taught her better than this. I start pacing back and forth,

"Jack, calm down. Elise is a smart girl, I highly doubt anything is wrong." I kept pacing, trying not to show I was nervous, "Stop pacing! You're worrying me." He started tearing up.

"Mark, Mark. Calm down. You are probably right, nothing's wrong. I'm just paranoid, why don't you come sit by me down with me and watch a movie." I sat down and pat the cushion next to me, after a minute of pacing himself he sat next to me. I leaned in and laid my head against his shoulder before putting hand my hand on his knee, "We can turn on a show, what do you want to watch?"

"Can we watch a movie instead?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Ratatouille?" I giggled,

"After all these years, you still like this movie? It's really old."

"Well, you like Wall-E so..." He elbowed, then hugged me. We watched the movie before falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning, checked the house... she still wasn't home.

Mark's POV

Jack woke me up the next morning crying and yelling,

"She's not here! Elise is still gone! It's all my fault! I called everyone and noone has seen her since last night! I think that boy had something to do with this!"

"Jack, slow down! Why would that boy have anything to do with it?"

"I am pretty sure that is Daniel Hayborne. Allison Hayborne's grandson."

"Why didn't you tell me?! God, Jack!" I covered my face with my hands, "Our little girl! Why is any of this happening? Oh god. Oh my god." We were crying when our doorbell rang, outside was a box, in the box was Elise's earrings, ring, and the locket we gave her when she first arrived, it had a picture of us, as a family. A happy family.

"My baby! I am so sorry! This is all my fault, I could've just avoided training, but my big fat ego got in the way!"

"Jack, because of you I can safely say she is alive and fighting." I pulled him in for a hug as he gripped my shirt and continued crying, whimpering,

"It's all my fault. All my fault."

Jack's POV

"It's all my fault. All my fault." I brought my daughter into this life when I should have shielded her from it. We just stood there, not knowing what to do or what to say, I don't know where Christine is or how to find her, I may never get to see my little girl arain.. Oh my god! What have I done?! "I swear to god, once I find this boy I will rip his limbs off and beat him to a bloody pulp!" I ball up my fists and grit my teeth.

"Jack, calm down." He rubs his hand on my back.

"I-I can't, I- it's just- oh god..." He grabs my hand and kisses my forehead. "I just want her home, She is my baby. She shouldn't have to go through this. We have to find her. Now." I grab the car keys and start walking,

"Jack, you can't driv-"

"I can and I will. Come or don't, I'm finding our baby." I walk out and climb in the car, I waited for a couple minutes before Mark hopped in. We drove around for a while before going back to the carnival.

"Jack, that's Elise's cellphone!" Mark pointed out the window to the pier. He hops out and grabs her phone, right before she texted Mark she left a note...

Save.

Oh my god... She wants us to save her. I am her father! I am supposed to protect her!