Because, Jack. I love you.

Mark's POV

"Stop talking about me like I died! ... I can't eat! I can't even sleep anymore!" Now's my chance,

"Really? Sleeping comes so natural to me. I could do it with my eyes closed!" I shouted back, he looked at me funny and started smiling behind a blanket. "Jokes? Ahhh, okay..." I ran to the study and grabbed a book, covered it in duct tape and wrote something over the title, "Jack! Jack! I'm reading a book about Antigravity and I just can't put it down!" That smile grew wider, I laughed. I hadn't noticed that Elise had slipped out, grabbing our wedding scrapbook, yes scrapbook,

"Wow..." She flipped through the pages, "Your wedding was so emotional, even the cake had tiers!" She flipped it around showing the cake. Jack let out a little giggle slip out.

She put the book down and started looking around, under pillows and blankets.

"What are you doing?" Jack looked at her, concerned,

"I need something to juggle with, but I can't find any balls!" That one really got him, he laughed super hard, then out of nowhere he yells,

"Really? Well, I juggle balls every night!" He looked over at me and I blushed super hard while smiling.

"Ewe! Dad!" Elise threw a pillow at him, "That is so gross!"

"Well... when you love someone a lot then-"

"La la la la la la la..." Elise plugged her ears and ran to her room as her voice trailed off.

"Nice one, Jackaboy." He smiled a doofy grin, I sat next to him.

"Thanks. Mark?"

"Hmm?" I mumbled, wrapping my arms around him,

"I can't stop thinking about who let Kyle out in the first place... Who was it?"

"I don't know..." That little fucker has hurt him too much.

"He told you, I know Kyle, he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to ruin someone else's life..."

"Daniel." I look down and cupped my hands on my knees. He was silent, staring blankly.

"Oh..." Jack said, still staring. Then he smiled, not the smile I was used to... It was crooked and mischievous, almost evil, it made me uncomfortable.

"Jack? Jack, what's going on?" I tried to move my hand on his shoulder, but he moved, standing up and pacing.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He started laughing maniacally, "This kid single handedly ruined my life... and he's only 13!" His laugh grew louder before it turned to sobbing and silent whimpering, he sat down on the couch, placing his head in his hands. "I'm a trained spy and I'm being beat by a 13 year old with stupid hair and bad teeth!"

"Bad teeth? Stupid hair?" I tried to conceal my laughter, but failed. Jack tried to mock my laugh, and somehow it was actually a very good impression.

"My point is, I'm not strong enough or smart enough to beat a kid. Instead he's playing mind games and ruining my life. And I haven't the slightest clue why!" Elise came back into the room and looked at us confused.

"What's up with you two?"

"Nothing, just go watch a movie or something." I placed my hand on Jack's back, he still had his head in his hands.

"Nothing! Nothing?!" He started laughing again. I need to get him checked out or something...

Jack's POV

I don't know how long I've been like this, I just didn't have any energy any motivation to do anything. Mark and Elise tried to cheer me up but I couldn't stop thinking about Kyle,