Making the Call

As Rory walks away from her mother, she pulls out her phone to dial a number she hasn't used in almost seven weeks. She wanted to make the call with privacy and decided the walk would give her that. Rory was so nervous to make this call. They haven't spoken in almost seven weeks, not since they said good bye in New Hampshire after that amazingly, perfect night with him and the guys. Oh how she misses all of them, but specifically him. Especially now that she has this little jelly bean growing in her belly.
She dials his number, the phone rings twice before he answers, and she hears his voice for the first time in exactly six and a half weeks.
"Hello? Ace, what's wrong?" Logan asks.
"Hey Logan. We need to talk," Rory tells him, while trying to calm her nerves.
"Ace I haven't heard from you in almost seven weeks. What's up?"
"Logan, I-I'm pr-pregnant," Rory stutters out.
"What? Ace, are you sure?
"Yes I'm sure Logan."
Suddenly, Rory hears another voice in the background before Logan can respond.
"Logan, darling. Where are you?" a voice with a strong French accent calls.
"I'll call you back," he says before the phone suddenly disconnects.
"You have got to be kidding me!!!" Rory yells at her phone as she walks through the front door.
"Rory? What's wrong?" Luke calls from the kitchen.
"Oh hey Luke. Didn't know you were home already. Nothing's wrong. I'm fine, promise." Rory smiles and replies to her stepfather as she walks into the kitchen.
"Rory, I've known you almost your whole life. I can tell something's wrong. Now spill."
"Loin fruit!! Husband!! I'm home!" Lorelai calls as she walks in the house. Rory breathes a sigh of relief as she realizes that Lorelai just saved her from telling Luke just yet about the baby.
"In the kitchen, wife." Luke calls back with a smile.
Lorelai walks in the kitchen to see Rory sitting at the table and Luke cooking. Rory smiles at her mother and gets up to walk to her room when Luke stops her.
"Hey Rory, I still wanna talk about what's wrong."
"Um yea ok Luke," Rory replies as she continues to walk into her room. Lorelai kisses her husband, than looks between them completely confused, before turning to follow Rory into her room.
"Hey hon. Did you call Logan?" Lorelai asks after she closes Rory's door.
"Yes Mom. I talked to him."
"Okay. And??"
"He said he'd call me back than hung up cause SHE came home."
"Ok kid. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon."
"Yea sure Mom. Just have to wait and see."
"You will. And by the way, what was that with Luke?"
"Nothing really. He heard me yell at my phone when I walked in the house since that was when Logan hung up on me. Luke heard me and asked what was wrong. Told him nothing, he didn't buy it."
"Oh ok hon. Well you're gonna have to tell Luke eventually too kid. Up to you when, but if you want, I'll be there with you."
"I know Mom. I will soon. Just want to talk to Logan more before I do that."
"Ok hon. Sounds good."
Lorelai opens the door and walks out of Rory's room to give her some quiet in case Logan calls back anytime soon.