Chapter 1- Introduction (And how my werewolf Omegaverse AU works)

No POV:

Werewolves. Humans that can transform into wolves. They are the most predatory animals in the world. At the top of the food chain, there is nothing a werewolf cannot do.

On some occasions, two werewolves will be what we call mates. They are two halves of one soul that was divided. If, by a very slim chance, a werewolf finds their mate, that wolf will never have another partner in their life. That could be either a good or a bad thing.

Mates find eachother through smell. The dominant mate will emit a pheremone that only the submissive can sense. That smell is very comforting to the submissive and can come in handy. That pheremone can be released on will and is very potent.

A submissive will only go into heat if they find their mate and decide of their own volition that they are ready for a baby. The reason that the pheremones don't release until the submissive has fully decided that they want a child is because the dominant cannot physically resist them. If a submissive mate goes into heat, the dominant will immediately sense the pheremones. Their instincs will take over and the couple will mate.

During the mating process, if a werewolf is of a specific bloodline, such as alpha, beta, or omega, their eyes will change color temporarily. This is a sign of the soul re-bonding with it's other half.

Once two mates, well, mate the name of the other partner will appear on their neck permanently.

An important thing to note is that not all werewolves have mates. Most do not. It is unusual for a fated pair to exist in a pack at all.

Packs of werewolves have mindlinks. They can communicate with eachother at any given time. The thoughts of the wolves can be heard by others if both the wolf that is sending the thought and the wolf (or wolves) recieving the thought give mental permission for the thoughts to enter their minds. Wolves sense that a mindlink is trying to open because they will feel a small tap on the side of their head. The wolf will also know who is trying to talk to them automatically.

A werewolf pack is created of multiple bloodlines. The strongest of them, being alpha. There is only one active alpha in each pack. They are the strongest wolves and are natural born leaders. The first son of an alpha will almost always inherit the alpha's place as pack leader. Therefore, that technically makes that son an alpha. On extremely rare occasions, the alpha's first born son is either an omega or stillborn. The law of leadership passes over omegas.

There is only one luna. Lunas are not born in this position. They marry into it. A luna is the spouse of the alpha. (AKA the pack's queen.) They can be strong, weak, anything really. But they are always the one in the relationship that carries the baby.

Betas are strong, but more compassionate. They are mainly medicine wolves and soldiers. There can be anywhere from 1 to 40 betas in a pack.

Then, there are just regular werewolves. There are no certain traits in them. They can varry in numbers and even become the best soldiers.

The most rare of all, are omegas. Born once in a generation, omegas are extremely hard to find. But they are also very fragile. Omegas are usually born into weak bloodlines, but they are actually very valuable in a sense. You see, all omegas have a womb. This means, even the men can get pregnant. But, only if they find their mate will the womb open.

Eren Jeager. An even rarer omega. The first born son in an alpha bloodline. His father, alpha Grisha Jeager is an evil man. His pack, the Marrian Warrior, is constantly in danger of starvation because of how he divides the food. He keeps almost all to himself and gives barely any to the people. They hate him.

Carla Jeager was Grisha's wife. When Eren was born and announced an omega, Grisha murdered her. He didn't want a son if it wasn't an alpha. Because of this, Eren has spent 18 years locked in a tower on the east side of the pack's boundary line. He has been nearly starved to death on multiple occasions. He is beaten whenever Grisha comes with his only food and water. And, he has developed major depression and anxiety because of all that his father has done to him. Eren had unfortunately started to cut on his 17th birthday. The situation is to the point where he doesn't even know why he was born.

As Eren sat as his tiny bedside table reading, three loud bangs were heard on the tower door. Knowing exactly who it was, Eren panicked. He knew that the punishment would only be worse if he tried to hide, so he curled into a ball and started to shiver.

The lock unclicked and in came Grisha Jeager. He had brought no food or water this time, but something else. A pair of girls that Eren had never seen before.

"Get over here, boy!" Grisha boomed. Eren skiddishly tried to walk toward his father, but fell on his cot. "On the ground!" Eren immediately dropped down to all fours, bowing to his father. "These young ladies have just bought you. Fuck off scum. If I ever see you on my lands again, I'll kill you!" And with that, Grisha walked out.

Bought me? Eren thought.

"Hello." A strawberry blonde woman stepped forward. Eren ducked, shivered, then shut his eyes tight. He was in terrible condition. Every bone in his body was visible. The poor boy was being constantly starved. It was a miracle that he was alive. He was shivering like mad and anyone could tell that he wasn't mentally stable. It was a terrible sight.

In a shaky voice, he said, "Y-You bought me m-mistress. I-I am your slave," He said. The woman's eyes softened.

"I think you have been misinformed of why we bought you. You are not our slave. We came to rescue you. Our alpha heard about your condition and couldn't stand to imagine the cruelty. He sent us here to bring you back. I promise that we won't harm you. We're here to help. My name's Petra Ral and this is Zoe Hanji, but you can just call her Hanji. And I'm fine with Petra. We're betas from the Wings of Freedom pack. What's your name?" 

"E-Eren." He whispered.

"May I come closer, Eren? I have a soft, warm blanket for you. There's a car outside waiting for us. There's food and drinks in there as well. Please come." Petra said. Eren nodded slowly. The woman walked forward and unwrapped a fuzzy grey blanket.

"This is a gift from our alpha. It would make him very happy to see you use it." Eren let Petra wrap the blanket around him.

"Can you walk? Shall I carry you?" Hanji asked. Eren tried to stand, but lost his balance and almost fell. Instead of hitting the ground, Hanji caught him. "Wrap your arms around my neck. I'll carry you to the car." Eren did as told. He felt that he could trust these girls.

When the small teen lifted his arms around the woman's neck, the grey blanket covered his nose. He inhaled deeply. What is this smell? He thought. It was... comforting. Soon Eren found himself buckled in the back seat of a very nice car inbetween Petra and Hanji as he fell asleep.

His days of hardship are over, but the days of his new life are just beginning.