Chapter 3- Scars

Levi POV:

I wake in the morning with my mate gripping my shirt for dear life, as if he's afraid I'll disappear from right under him. I still have my arms wrapped around his fragile body. He's so unhealthily skinny, I fear that I'll break him if I hold him too tight. Eren hasn't let go of the grey blanket I sent to him, and he's currently wrapped up in it. He gets cold so easily. I feel so terrible for him. Who could do this to their own son?!

I look over at the clock by the bed and see that it's half past 10. I want to introduce Eren to the pack, so I gently shake him awake. "Nn... no... no! Please! No!" He starts writhing and trying to dig his face into my chest. At this point I'm desperate. Something's not normal!

"Eren! Eren please wake up!" I shake him and he opens his eyes, breathing heavily. "Eren... it's okay. You're safe here. It's me, Levi." My young mate starts to cry and I sit up and pull him into my lap. I hold him tight and rock him back and forth. "Eren..."

"P-Please don't leave me... I beg you... don't go..." He whimpers inbetween sobs.

"Why would I leave you? I just found found you. I'll keep you safe, I promise." At this point, I realize the rows upon rows of scars on Eren's wrists. "Oh, Eren... you poor thing..." An alpha can emit pheromones to comfort their mate, so that's just what I did. After a few minutes, Eren had calmed down. Even so, I didn't let go of him. And he didn't seem like he wanted me to.

"What all did your father do to you?"

"W-Well, he killed my mother and then locked me up. When he brought me food, he only gave me the scraps left over from his dinner. H-He'd watch me eat it, and if I couldn't, he'd w-whip me. I-It usually ended in that treatment because the food he gave me was intollerable to a human stomach. My back is p-peppered with scars from his belt. I don't know what I did to make him hate me so much." Eren's words broke my heart.

"You didn't do anything wrong. It's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself or cut yourself ever again. I'm here for you, okay?" Eren nodded and buried his face in my neck. "You really like my scent, huh." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Y-Yeah. It's comforting." Eren said against my skin. I chuckled through my nose.

"It's supposed to be. It was made just for you." My mate sighed and tried to lift himself up. In return, I held him higher on my chest and listened to his breathing. It was soft, but ragged and forced. It sounded like someone would be breathing when they feared for their life and were trying to keep quiet. The thought saddens me. I'll never forgive the bastard that did this to him. Never.

"I-I don't mean to sound intrusive, but I really don't know much about you. Would you tell me more?" Eren asked.

"Well, I'm 25 years old, single, alone, and trusted by my pack. I'm usually very loud, and I like video games. I don't particularly watch t.v., but I like to read books and watch old movies. I'm a social guy with a high authority, and I'm known for being the strongest alpha alive. What about you?"

"I'm 18. My friend Isabell taught me everything she learned, so I'm well educated. There really isn't much else to know about me." Eren said.

"You didn't stutter. Are you getting more comfortable around me?"

"Yeah. I think it's partially because of your pheromones." Eren said. This whole time, his nose has been against my pheromonal gland. I guess it really is comforting to him.

"Well, would you like to meet some of the pack members? They're all very nice people." I asked.

"Sure. Might as well. But, I can't walk." Eren's legs are so thin and weak that he can't support his body weight, even though he weighs very little.

"I'll carry you. If that's okay." He nodded. "Do you want to use some of my clothes? The ones you're wearing are very thin. It's cold out today."

"Y-Yeah, sure." When I look at Eren, he has a light dust of pink across his cheeks. I chuckled and lifted him up.

"Well, what would you like to wear? Maybe one of my long sleeved shirts? Or a tunic? That'd be like a dress on you." I smiled to myself at the mental image of Eren in a dress.

"I'll take the tunic... and my grey blanket." I smiled and fished out a green tunic that matched Eren's big, beautiful eyes.

"Here. Do you need any help?" Eren turned his head to the side and his blush darkened.

"P-Probably. I can't do much." His tightest grip is barely noticable. It's heart wrenching to see someone in such condition.

"I got it. Will you let me undress you? I promise I won't do anything."

"I trust you. It's okay." Eren said. I smiled.

"Well then, please lift your arms. It might be cold for a minute, but I'll get you dressed as fast as I can." Eren nodded and turned around so his back was towards me. I assume that was because he was embarrassed. But when I lifted his shirt, I saw something that shattered my heart.

Eren's entire back was covered in scars.

Thin ones, thick ones, deep ones, you name it. He had them all. "Oh my god." I whispered. I pulled off Eren's shirt and placed my hand on his back. He jumped a little, but relaxed into my hand. "Eren... I'm so sorry... What can I do?"

"I-I... just do what you want." Eren covered his face with his hands. I leaned forward and placed a kiss on one of the scars. He gasped and swallowed hard. But after a few kisses, Eren seemed to be enjoying himself. His breath turned heavy and his heart rate sped to the point that I could feel it wherever I touched his skin.

When I felt that Eren's scars had been sufficiently kissed, I pulled the green tunic over his small frame. His heart rate slowed and his breathing went back to normal. I gently wrapped Eren back up in his blanket and lifted his chin so that he'd look at me.

"I have to get dressed too, but after that how about I make you some breakfast?" He nodded. "What would you like? I can make just about anything."

"W-Well, I've never had an omelet before."

"Would you like to try one?" Eren nodded. "Alright. Give me a few minutes, then I'll go make them." I kissed Eren's forehead and returned to my dresser. I got out some fairly nice, yet casual clothes and got dressed, then picked up Eren and brought him downstairs.

When I set him down on the sofa, he grabbed my sleeve tightly. "What's wrong?"

Eren looked down, but didn't let go. "I don't want to be alone...." I smiled and picked him up again. Eren's arms curled around my neck and I brought him to the kitchen. Inside, I set him down on a chair where he could plainly see me and the entire kitchen, then started on the omelets.

After a few minutes, both omelets were ready to eat. I brought them to the dining room table and went back for Eren after I'd set the plates down.

We ate similar to how we did the previous night. I fed Eren, because he's very weak right now, and then held him as I ate. He didn't seem to mind. In fact, he seemed to like that.

"I'm gonna call some of the pack members to the gathering hall to meet you. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I would like to meet them. I don't know anyone here other than you, Hanji, and Petra." I smiled and grabbed my jacket. After slipping it on, I carried Eren outside and used my mind link with the members of my pack that I wanted to meet Eren.

(In the link)

Levi: Would all of you come to the meeting hall please? I have someone I want you to meet.

All: Sure.

Levi: Great. Please be there in 10 minutes.

All: Yes alpha.