xii. another life » supernatural/gilmore girls

┌────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┐

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦: 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦

𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘹 𝘨𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴

└────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧

     TODAY WAS THE DAY. Sam was finally going to tell his brother about the secret life he had been living for the majority of his teen years, and his college years, and have nothing hidden from his brother anymore. The truth is that Sam hadn't actually stayed with Dean and their father until he was twenty; he had actually ran away before that and went to Stars Hollow to escape his life as a hunter.

     He never thought that he would stay there for as long as he did, that he would be gone within the year, but he ended up staying for years and then leaving for a few before returning for a year then heading off to Stanford. Those years were the best years of his life, and he fell in love with a single girl; Rory. A girl with an unusual name and an unusual ability to stay focused on a book with a ruckus going on right in front of her.

     Sam walked over to the burger joint that he and Dean had stopped at so the latter could eat his greasy food and hit on some poor women. The sound of someone saying his brother's name rather loudly made him cringe at first, but he soon recognised the voice and realised that they were yelling at him. He spun around in search of the person, and caught a glimpse of her pale blue eyes and light hair before she was launching herself at him.

     "Dean!" she cried, hugging him tightly.

     Sam squeezed his eyes shut and held her gently in his arms. "Rory."

     "I've missed you so much. I thought I would never see you again."

     "I know. I've missed you too. It's been years."

     "Sammy?" His brother's voice filled his ears. "Who's the cutie?"

     Rory pulled back and stared up at Sam. "'Sammy'? What's going on, Dean?"

     Sam gulped and looked between the two people staring expectantly at him, waiting for answers only he could give. Rory had her icy eyes staring at him with confusion and sadness, and Dean's green eyes were slightly confused and a little annoyed. It was at that moment that Sam realised how much he had screwed up by not saying anything as soon as he and his brother had become a family again.

     He shook his head and motioned for Rory and Dean to follow him, and they did. They went back to the motel and the room he had bought for the week, both staring at him intently and ten giving each other confused and conflicted looks. The moment they were all seated inside the motel room, Rory started speaking.

     "Dean, what is going on?" she asked. "Who is this? Who are you?"

     Dean shot a look at Rory. "I have no idea who you are. How do you know me?"

     Sam shook his head. "She's talking to me."

     "Sam? What aren't you telling me?"

     "Remember when I ran away when I was a teenager?"

     "Of course. You had dad and me in a panic for the whole time."

     "I went to Stars Hollow to start a new life, and I managed to. Instinct stayed with me, so I did background checks on everyone I met. Except Rory. She was the one I wanted to get to know without having done a background check on, and I did. Then I fell in love with her, and I'm pretty sure she did with me too. I mean, even your mother knew, Rory."

     Rory went red. "Of course my mum knew. I didn't exactly hide much from her. But that doesn't matter. He's your brother? You said you didn't have any family. What were you hiding from me?"

     "I do have a family. One that will scare you, but it's still my family. Dean here is the only human one in it. You see, Rory, all those stories I used to tell you about monsters, they're real, and I hunt them. I ran away from that life when I was fifteen, and then I met you when I was sixteen. I had found a life away from hunting and almost getting killed every day. Then, years after I fell in love with you, a demon came after me and I had to leave. I didn't want to have you dragged into my life, or get hurt, so I left. My name isn't actually 'Dean', Rory, it's Sam, but they are the only things I ever lied to you about. Nothing else."

     "So, your mother did die in a fire, and you used to live in motels?"

     "Yeah."

     "And your father is a hunter?"

     "He was. He died a couple years after I left Stars Hollow. The demon that came after me killed him to save Dean."

     Rory sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Mum got killed somehow a year ago, and I had nowhere left to go. So, I asked around and eventually some guy in a trenchcoat told me where to find you. I'm guessing that you know him by the looks on your faces."

     "Of course they know me," Castiel said, appearing right next to Dean. "I'm their angel, and a part of their family. It's good to see you again, Rory."

     "I'm glad I found you, De-Sam. You're the only one I have left. Can I stay with you? Or is it too much of a hassle?"

     "It's okay with me," Sam said, standing up and walking over to Rory. "It's just that my life is dangerous. You'll have to learn how to protect yourself."

     "I can already do that."

     "From humans you can. I mean from all the supernatural creatures that will come after you."

     "I'll have you and your family as my teachers. I think I'll be fine."