lii. believer » saito/chizuru

┌────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┐

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘶𝘰𝘶𝘬𝘪 ( 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘻𝘶𝘳𝘶 𝘺𝘶𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘢 𝘹 𝘩𝘢𝘫𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘰 )

└────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┘

𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐮

     THE DAY I FIRST met the indigo haired man, he cut down two of the Rasetsu before me. The way he carried himself showed a man who had already seen much bloodshed and death in his short life. Perhaps that is what drew me to him. I had witnessed the slaughter of my family and the other Devils that were within our Clan. It is something that can never be forgotten.

     The screams and cries of those dying and those who are being forced to watch their loved ones die. My parents were killed right before me, and my brother tried to shield me from the horror. He was held back and I couldn't force myself to look away. I watched as the Humans brutally slaughtered my parents and there was nothing we could do.

     "Hajime-kun, where are you going at this hour?" My keen ears pick up on Okita-san's voice.

     "Nowhere that concerns you, Souji." Saito-san's voice is signalling finality to the talk already.

     "Oh, come on, Hajime. Don't be a downer."

     "There is nothing to concern yourself with."

     I can't help the giggle that leaves me, and I am glad that none of the others are around. They would me staring at me as if I were insane. I don't need to be labelled insane on top of being a Devil - a monster in their eyes. They may know I mean them no harm, but they do not believe I am not working with Chikage Kazama and his pals - Amagiri and Shiranui, that is. They're not even sure that I am not conspiring with Princess Sen and Kimigiku. So much for being trusted.

     "Chizuru-chan."

     Saito-san's voice makes me look up in surprise. He is no longer with Okita-san, and is walking towards the gate. He is not even looking towards me, so he must be assuming that I was listening to their conversation. In this case, and every other one, he is completely correct. There is not much I do not hear in the Shinsengumi headquarters, and that makes me a reliable source. Not to mention, I can tell when someone is lying. That's just part of my greater hearing.