lix. i'll kill for you » okita/chizuru

┌────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┐

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘶𝘰𝘶𝘬𝘪 ( 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘻𝘶𝘳𝘶 𝘺𝘶𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘢 𝘹 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘫𝘪 𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘢 )

└────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┘

𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐮

     THERE'S THE CLANGING OF metal on metal, but it is falling upon deaf ears. Their cries of rage are seeming to be heard as though under water. My head feels light, but at the same time there is an untold weight to it, and I'm not sure how that works. It feels as though cotton has been shoved into my skull and replaced my brain.

     "Chizuru!" Harada's voice echoes across the courtyard and breaks me from my dazed state. "Chizuru, are you alright?"

     Hands grip my waist and heave me up off the ground, dragging me out of the path of a Fury and a Satsuma-Choshu warrior. "Come on, Chizuru. Don't make me have to save your ass all night."

     "Okita-san," I say, turning to face the man that constantly threatens to kill me. His short reddish-brown hair is matted with blood and his green eyes are alight with fire. "Why did you do that? You could have just risked getting hurt because of me."

     "I don't need you dying on me, alright? That's all. I'd have a handful of pissed of men on my hands if I left you to die."

     Watching the Shinsengumi member dash off into the fray, I feel my stomach drop as a sickening sensation washes over me. Something bad is going to happen. Drawing my short sword, I dive into the fray myself, following Souji without a second thought. Warriors not dressed in Shinsengumi garb launch themselves at me, and, without hesitation, I cut them down, my golden eyes flickering around the blood drenched area to find the man with evergreen eyes.

     Spotting the reddish-brown haired man, I force my way through the crowd. He is circled by Satsuma- Choshu warriors and my foster father's Furies, and he is weakening considerably by the second. Gritting my teeth, I barrel into the warriors, sending them tumbling to the ground. Adjusting my grip on the short sword, I swing my arm around and behead a Fury. Blood splatters the ground and it is followed by a thump that signals the head is detached from the body.

     Looking over my shoulder at the wide-eyed man, I grin. "Do you still think you need to 'save my ass' in this fight?"

     Souji smirks, easily taking down a few Satsuma-Choshu warriors without taking his eyes off mine. "Possibly not."

     "Really?" I impale a warrior and drop him to the ground, stepping over him to block another strike. "Possibly?"

     He steps up behind me, his back brushing against mine slightly as he moves to defend himself. "It's yet to be seen whether or not you're going to need help, princess."

     Gritting my teeth, I elbow him in the side and he hunches over in pain. Rolling over his back, I swing my short sword down and lodge it in a warrior's shoulder. Yanking the blade free, I flip it around and throw it into the mess, impaling a Fury between the eyes. Scooping up a katana from a fallen warrior, I cut down several more enemies before I enclose my hand around the hilt of my short sword once again, sliding it from the dead being's body.

     The white hair on the back of my neck prickles and I spin around, the bloodied ground making me slip slightly, but the katana still strikes home. Pulling it from the man, his knees buckle and he goes to meet his fallen comrades. Moving back over to Souji, I knock him on the head with the hilt of my short sword and he gives me an annoyed look, but can't help the smile that blossoms on his face. Grinning back at him, a whistling sound alerts me in enough time to duck, the blade cutting loose a few strands of hair and narrowly missing my head.

     Grabbing Souji's short sword from its scabbard, I force myself around and skewer the Fury with both short swords. Jerking them free of the falling being, Souji pulls me back slightly, his grip tight and protective on my arm. Standing beside him, my gold eyes flicker around the body strewn and blood soaked courtyard, watching as my friends take in the sight themselves. They're all alive, and that makes my bloodlust flee, my eyes and hair reverting back to their original browns.

     "Not too bad for a princess, Chizuru-chan," Souji teases, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

     Rolling my eyes but unable to hide my grin of amusement, I look up into his evergreen eyes. "Well, I wasn't exactly brought up like one, now was I?"

     "Most certainly not, my lady."

     "Oh, shut up, Okita-san."