xxxiii. legacy » gotham (original)

┌────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┐

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘤𝘺 (𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭)

𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘮

└────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┘

𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧

     THE EVENTS THAT OCCURRED in Gotham all those years ago are the legacy of those who are alive today. Our forefathers brought the destruction and misery down upon this wretched city. Gotham has never been the best for protecting itself from what goes bump in the night. All it does it attempt to kill those that do.

     The thing is, they never stay dead.

     Oswald Cobblepot, or Penguin, killed Edward Nygma, or the Riddler if you will, and the slimy bastard didn't stay dead. Some smart ass brought the son of a bitch back. The Riddler's child is still alive to this day, and so is the Penguin's child. Surprisingly, they are best friends. It's funny. One's father killed the other's, and yet they're best friends.

     Barbara Kean-Gordon was rumoured to have been killed by those in Arkham Asylum that she was once friends with. She's still alive. I have proof for that, but let's save that for later. It's quite a shock as to what actually happened that night, but it is history and a part of our legacy.

     Selina Kyle is the one that still sticks to the shadows. She is officially full Catwoman now, and she has her kittens. I'm not even joking. She has children with little Bruce Wayne. A cat and a bat. What an odd combination. Their kids have a dangerous edge to them, but they are kept out of the danger by both their parents.

     Who else is there... Oh, yes. Greenwood. He's retired and most likely dead as a door nail. I mean, come on, he's old as by now. The poor fella ain't got much to live for after being accused of killing Barbara all those years ago. Also, if he's not dead, he's locked away in some asylum far away from here. He's most likely dead though. I don't know much about him.

     Tabitha Galavan, or Tigress. What can I say about her? She's still very much alive. I can't say the same for her brother, Theo. Also, she's a sociopath, and does not take well to people threatening her with any sort of violent act. The people of Gotham can sleep safely knowing that she has no horrendous offspring to terrorise the city.

     Fish Mooney, Falcone, and Maroni are all dead. You can thank Oswald for that one. Well, him and Nygma. They set aside their differences and decided to work together. They killed off the big gang leaders, and became the leaders themselves. Oswald took over for Falcone, and Nygma got Maroni's position. 

     There has never been such perfect ruling of Gotham. Penguin and the Riddler are working side-by-side and not even attempting to try kill the other to gain total control over this doomed city. Nothing has been more lovely than Gotham as it is.

     Our favourite butler, Alfred Pennyworth, sadly died a year or so back after a horrific accident. Well, is it an accident if you get your head knocked off with a reinforced steel pipe? I guess not. That was Butch Gilzean's doing. Bruce Wayne got his revenge on Butch anyway.

     Harvey Bullock retired last year. There's not much to say about him, but his former partner is another story. Jim Gordon is the number one GCPD detective. He has solved many of the seemingly unsolvable cases, and is heading to becoming the Commissioner.

     Either way, that's not my point of this little story. Now, on to the real part of this story.

     Back to Barbara Kean-Gordon. As I mentioned before, she's still alive. How do I know that? Well, how do you think I know everything that I know? That's right. She told me everything. There's a reason for that, but it's not that important as of right now. There's more to this story before I delve into my past.

     We all know of a particular ginger-haired psychopath. Right? He killed his mother, played innocent as all fuck, and then didn't show a single bit of remorse for killing his 'nagging, drunken whore' of a mother. He threw people off the roof of a tall ass building, and it spelt out 'MANIAX'. Let's just say that he is definitely a maniac.

     His name is Jerome Valeska.

     He had a blind father that could see the future. That is, before Jerome himself killed the blind bastard. Mr. Paul Cicero, the Blind Fortune Teller. Yuck. Anyway, he said one good thing. He told Jerome that he would spread like a virus across Gotham city, and that children would waking screaming at the thought of him. Cicero said that Jerome's legacy would be death and madness.

     The old man was right. So right. 

     Jerome once said that we are all prisoners. That what we call sanity is just a prison in our minds that stops us from seeing that we're just tiny cogs in a giant absurd machine. He told us to wake up from that. He asked us why be a cog when we can be free like him and the Maniax. He then reminded us to smile.

     I'm no prisoner. I am in no way sane. I knew that I was just this tiny little cog in a giant absurd machine. I've never thought in any way that I was more than I really am. I never had to wake up - unlike a lot of Gotham did. I am no longer a cog. I am free like Jerome and his Maniax were. I have never stopped smiling.

     Oh dear. It looks like I haven't introduced myself. If you don't know who I am by now, then let me spell it out for you.

     I am the daughter of Jerome Valeska and Barbara Kean-Gordon.