xl. imprinting » bella/jacob

┌────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┐

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺: 𝘰𝘩, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭

└────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────┘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧

     "IMPRINTING ON SOMEONE IS like - like, when you see her, everything changes. All of a sudden, it's not gravity holding you to the planet - it's her." Jacob's eyes flicker over to Bella, looking her up and down. "Nothing else matters. You would do anything, be anything for her."

     Bella looks down. "Sounds like you know the feeling."

     His minds reels. Should he tell her? No. He can't. He looks down and swallows.

     "Have you... imprinted on someone?"

     His jaw clenches and he looks away from her. "You'd know if I had."

     Bella looks down, disappointment and a sliver of relief flowing through her.

     "I just have a direct line to Sam's thoughts."

     "So, for now, you're still you."

     He looks up at her, eyes adoring. "And you're still you."

     "Yeah." Her eyes dart around the shed, debating whether or not to tell him. He looks to the ground and she decides to. "Until graduation."

     He looks up at her, eyes blazing with anger and shock. "Graduation?"

     "You knew this was going to happen."

     "Not in a month," Jacob says, huffing out annoyed puffs of hot air. He looks away, licking his bottom lip and trying not to lose his cool. His ferocious eyes meet her worried ones. "Not before you've... you've even lived."

     Bella sighs, about to say something when Jacob continues.

     "Or before I could-" He throws the spanner at the tin wall with enough force to dent it, making Bella jump. He starts walking away before turning back and stepping towards her. "For a second - just a second, I thought, but he's got his hooks in you so deep."