Chapter 18: How It Began

A/N: Some friendly reminder on Human Names that I use:

Bulgaria - Nikola Dimitrov
England - Arthur Kirkland
Norway - Lukas Bondevik
Romania - Vladimir Popescu
Scotland - Allistor Kirkland

A little boy rides on his white horse, running wild and free in the field. The grass on the ground are in vibrant colors, looking fresh and inviting. A few flowers were seen sprouting here and there. It was truly a meadow.

It was a blond boy riding on his white horse in the field. He looked like a prince, but his clothes said otherwise.

The boy's laugh from the pleasure of it all came to a stop when his fairy friend appeared on his right shoulder. It was small, almost the size of the boy's hands. Fluttering its wings, the little fairy rested it finally and sat on the boy's shoulders.

"Oh, there you are, Elena!" The boy smiles, seeing his friend once again. He made the horse stop and they stood in the middle of the field.

"What brings you to my presence?" The boy asked.

"I hear that people like you are coming together in one place." The fairy says, which was quite vague.

"What?!" The boy panicked. "Another war is going to happen?!"

"Not war, silly!" Elena laughed.

The boy frowned, feeling insulted. But the fairy's laugh was soothing to the ear, making him positive about everything.

"Then, what would it be then?"

"People with magic are gathering! Well, I don't if they're called people but they look like you and have magic like you!"

The boy scoffed. "That won't happen. People with magic? Hmph, all the people I've seen with magic are greedy and lustful. There would be no peace, only chaos."

Elena frowned, since she hoped that he would be happy to hear the news. She stood up and spread her wings, diving into the air and started to fly around.

"Promise me England, when it really does happen, join them. Don't be so isolated from the rest." With that final statement, the little fairy disappears, turning invisible.

The blond boy grumbled something only he can hear and understand. To him, it was rubbish. What Elena said is something that only happens in fool's dreams.

"Come on, Ace. Let's head back to the village. I bet France is going to show up in another ridiculous outfit." England and his horse raced back to their village.

The Magic Within Me✵✣

1000 AD

"Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?!" England had grown to a young teenager, with a physical appearance of eleven. He was going crazy, unable to find the witches and wizard's hideout.

With only a single candle to light the room, it was quite dark. The table and maps are well lit, since the candle was placed on the table. It flickered when wind managed to seep through the gaps of the windows.

"Not even a single clue! If only Elena was here!" The blond lets out a heavy sigh, experiencing another failure to locate the gatherings of wizardkind.

The sound of the door opening harshly startled the little boy, making him jolt. Annoyed by the sudden enter, he turned around with furrowed eyebrows.

"Would ya care to knock before entering-" He stopped abruptly, regretting that he yelled and regretted every word he said.