Chapter 24: Era of Depression

Year 1300's

In the Muggle Society, religion became a strong force that can be as strong as a monarch. In Europe, the beliefs of the Christians has spread far and wide. Meanwhile, in the magic world, witches and wizards had no strong sense of justice and unity at the time.

In this century, Muggles became afraid of the presence of Wizards and Witches but they're not good at recognizing magic. And so, Witch Burnings came to the world of the Medieval Ages.

Muggles mostly captured Witches, and burned them at a stake. With Muggles capturing suspected witches, the captured females was put into trials, and most of the women brought to court would leave with a death sentence.

Year 1400's

This is when things started to affect the Nations real badly. If in the 1300's there have been only a few witch burnings, in this century burning people at the stake became a popular torture technique.

With religion rising to more power and influencing everyone greatly, people used religion to get what they wanted. And so, countless claims and trials of Heresy spread throughout Europe.

The Magic Within Me✵✣

"Monsieur sir France!" A lively lady greeted the Nation, wearing male's armour.

"Monsieur Jeanne!" France smiled back at the lady, throwing a flying kiss but the lady just laughed it off.

"What are you doing out in the field like this? Don't you hate the sun burning your skin?" Jeanne pointed out, standing beside France.

"During times like this where the breeze is cool reminds me of the old times, where I would meet an unfashionable boy in the meadow." France chuckles, remembering how he would pester England nonstop and how England fails to be fabulous.

Jeanne was silent for a while, making France turn to her. She was staring at him, like she's studying a newly found life. The Nation had his cheeks turn pink but he coughed it off, facing Jeanne once again.

"Have you finally found my face to be perfect and handsome?"

The woman chuckled, not getting tired of his responses. "You and your jokes sir France. I just find it odd that you're talking about a little boy, and the way you looked while talking about him is something I have never seen before. You look like you missed him, or maybe cherished him."

"No one knows, my love." France smiled at her.

Ignoring what he just called her, Jeanne looked at the town that's bellow the mountain cliff. Taking some fresh air really was the right choice.

"Want to walk with me going to town?" France offered, putting his hand on his waist for Jeanne to cling to.

"Sure, why not?" The woman turned back and immediately started walking, leaving France crying in the back with Jeanne declining to wrap her arm on his.

When they reached town, the two walked around, chatting about their lives. France tried to flirt here and there, but Jeanne was good in shutting him down. She's used to France being like this, so she doesn't really mind him flirting and crying.

"You're so mean, love." France sniffed.

"I don't know what you're talking abou-"