Undead- Cassian Andor X Reader

Laying in bed, I clutched the last thing I had of my husband- his jacket. He was killed during the battle of Scarif and left almost nothing for me. Remembering all the times I had with him, I began to sob. Looking over at the picture frame on my bedside table, I saw a picture of Cassian and me, enjoying a victory after a battle. I smiled at the memory, which quickly turned into a fresh batch of tears.

Giving up on sleep, I decide to go walk around the base. Pulling Cassian's jacket around me tighter, I walk over to the landing bay, and out into the crisp night air.

I sat at top of a hill overlooking the base. It was cold out and I began to shiver. I let my mind wander.

Flashback•

Walking through the base that I had just recently been assigned to, I bumped into an unfamiliar face. "I'm sorry. I'm new I was just wandering around I guess." I smiled sheepishly at him. He was quit attractive actually. He smiled down at me. "Oh no it's fine. I don't mind bumping into pretty girls every once in a while." I can feel my cheeks flush. He continued like he didn't notice, even though a shade of red matching mine was placed on his cheeks as well. "I can show you around if you would like." He finished. I smiled at him. "I would like that."

End of flashback•

That was ten years ago. Where had the time gone? I just.. wish that I could have more time. Feeling more tears coming into my blue eyes I buried my head into my arms. Uncontrollable sobs raked through my body.

Why him? Why did it have to be him?

My mind began to wander again...

Another flashback•

Looking up at my best friend I can't believe he's gotten us into more trouble. Leave it to Captain Cassian Andor to manage to get me in trouble not once but twice in one week!

I wasn't mad, no I couldn't be mad at him. I could never seem to hold grudge on the man even after everything he's put me through.

Finally, after a narrow escape, we were in hyperspace. I tackle him in a hug. "I thought you were dead." I whisper into his jacket. "I'm not. I'll always be here. I promise." He then tilts my chin up. "I love you Bell. I always have." Then his lips are on mine. It takes me a millisecond to realize what's happening, but as soon as I do, I kiss back, deepening the kiss. When we finally break apart, I smile at him. "I love you to Cassian." Then he grins that grin of his, causing me to laugh.

End of flashback•

I stare at the base, blinking back another round of tears. He promised me he would always be there. Now he's not. What am I supposed to do? He was all I had left. Everyone else is either dead or abandoned me.

I hear a sigh from behind me. I whip my head around. My eyes widen to what I saw.

There, standing in front of me, is my Cassian. MY Cassian. He's here.

No. This must be a hallucination. He died. I squeezed my eyes closed, then opened them back up again. My breath catches. It really is him.

I jump up and run into his waiting arms. I start sobbing in his chest. He tilts my chin up so that my eyes are looking into his brown ones. "I told you I wouldn't leave you." He whispered. I grip him tighter. "I love you." I whispered. He gripped me tighter. "I love you to." Then, he picks up my chin and kisses me, ever so gently. I smile into the kiss. He's here. He really is here.

When we finally pull apart, we start walking to the base, hand in hand. All the while I keep looking at him to make sure that he won't disappear again. He catches me looking at him and he gives me a lopsided grin.

When we get back to our room, we lay down, my head resting on his chest. A single tear rolls down my face.

As I drifted off to sleep, I hear him whisper, "I can't loose you. You mean the world to me, Bell. You are my world. The light of my life. I'm so so sorry that I put you through that. I love you." The entire time he was talking he was stroking my cheek. I open my eyes and look at him. I put my hand on his cheek and he leans into it, closing his eyes as a tear falls from his caramel colored eyes. "I love you more then words can explain. I can't tell you how happy I am just to have you back home." I whispered. He nodded his head.

I felt my eyes become heavy and I lay my head back on his chest.

Just before I fall asleep, I feel a gentle kiss on the top of my head. I smile a little as finally drift off to sleep, the strong, steady beat of his heart keeping me from falling apart.

-------------------------------------------------------
I think that this is my favorite one so far. Thanks for reading everything guys and please don't forget to vote in the comments!
-XO Piper