Chapter 1

Yuri skated to the edge of the rink immediately after hearing his cell phone buzz. He knew that Yakov was tiring quickly of him abandoning his practice whenever he got a text, but he always wanted to talk with his Kazakhstani friend. It was just a simple text, just small talk, I mean, that was what most of their conversations were anyways. Just a basic, "Hey, how are you?" But nonetheless, Yuri loved talking to Otabek and hoped that one day they could start to have more in depth conversations. However, though Yuri felt comfortable with Otabek, he still struggled with opening up, and didn't know how to start. He replied with, "I'm good, just practicing for the Worlds, how are you?" And made to return to the rink. However, when he glanced up, Yuuri was right there in front of him.

When Victor had announced that he would be returning to figure skating, as well as coaching Yuuri, Yuri had been shocked. That would be ridiculous, super human even, to coach as well as compete. However, that was nothing compared to the shock of finding out that both Victor and Yuuri would be moving to Russia, and skating on the same rink as him, and both having Yakov as their coach, even though Yuuri was also being coached by Victor.

"Hey, I've noticed you've been skating over to your phone immediately when it buzzes, anyone in particular?" Yuuri implored.

'Ugh,' Yuri said in his head, 'this stupid fat pig has been trying to be my friend and be nice to me ever since he got there. Why can't he just leave me alone!!!!'

However, just as Yuri was thinking about how stupid Yuuri was, Mila skated over and scooped Yuri's phone out of his hands. "Oh! Otabek, ohh right you two became friends at the Grand Prix Final, right?"

"Yeah," Yuri muttered, starting to feel ganged up on, the feeling only growing when Viktor skated over.

"I'm surprised honestly, Otabek isn't really the type to befriends others. Actually, it kinda makes sense, two standoffish people being friends," Viktor says, shrugging.

"Why are you always intent on replying immediately to Otabek?" Mila asked curiously.

"I don't know." Yuri said, his voice becoming more clipped. He didn't understand why he was getting this much attention over having a friend. I mean, I guess it must have surprised the others, seeing as he never was the type to seek out companionship in others, but still, they should just shut up about it anyways.

"Yeah," said Yuuri, "What is he to you anyways?"

That was it. Yuri was done. He was done with these god damn stupid questions coming from this idiotic pork cutlet bowl. "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS YOU PIG!!" Yuri screamed, not knowing how else to respond.

It was almost time to end practice, and not seeing the point in staying there any longer, Yuri stormed away.