Chapter 8

This website wasn't exactly helpful for Yuri. He scrolled through different sexualities and he couldn't find one that made sense. Homosexual, somebody who was attracted to the same gender, bisexual, attracted to 2 or more genders, pansexual, attracted to all genders, and polysexual, attracted to multiple genders. Those were the 4 things that the website talked about. How was he supposed to figure this out if he had never had a god damn crush on anyone and couldn't see himself ever dating anyone. All of these options required this. It just didn't make sense.

'Oh well,' Yuri thought, realizing that it was almost time to go back to the rink, 'I can figure this out later. For now I'm going to try and skate my god damn best and show Viktor and Yuuri that I'm fine and don't need their stupid, useless help!'

When he got there, Yakov walked over to him as he was putting on his skates, "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yes, getting some more sleep really helped me clear my head," Yuri said, and then noticed Yuuri and Viktor walk past him and Yuri muttered, "No thanks to you idiots."

"Guess he didn't find that website we sent him very helpful. I mean I guess it wasn't the most in depth list. I mean, it had only 4 sexualities and didn't even go into the distinguishment between romantic and sexual attraction or anything like that, maybe we can find a better website to send him later," Yuri heard Yuuri tell Viktor.

Yuri decided that he didn't need their goddamn help and that he was going to be fine, and he was going to prove it to them by landing all his jumps when practicing. He knew that he could land them if he focused, and as long as his thoughts didn't start screaming in his mind, he should be fine!

Yakov, was needless to say surprised when his student who had been a trainwreck that morning had come back after lunch with such a look of resolve and determination, then landed all of the jumps that he tried, which was quite a lot considering that today was a day completely devoted to jumps. Well, Yakov supposed he didn't land them all. He just missed landing his quadruple flip, but with that quad, it's almost a given that you're not going to land it. It's just too hard.

Yuri was surprised as well with how well it was all going. Once he had gotten all of his thoughts out, he felt much better. Sure, it sort of bugged him that he didn't quite know who he was but what did it matter. Oh wait, it didn't. Yuri had much better things to focus on than identity. Like the fucking Worlds which were closing in around them all.

It was almost time to go and Yuri had one thought on his mind. He was going to land a quadruple flip, just to see Yuuri and Viktor's reactions. Oh, and maybe record it to send it to Otabek. Nobody would think that he would land it, due to his lack of sleep. Yuuri and Viktor definitely wouldn't expect it, considering that they seemed to be treating him like a wounded puppy.

'I'm not a wounded puppy,' Yuri thought as he prepared to jump, 'I am a strong, independent cat who doesn't need your idiotic help!' He spun through the air, and managed to land it.

He shot a piercing glare at Yuuri and Viktor as he skated over to the edge of the rink, and Viktor said, "Yuri! That was amazing! Did you figure everything out now? Is that why you're so focused?"

"I figured out that I don't need your help and that I'm good with not knowing thank you very much," Yuri snapped before taking off his skates and returning home, on the way sending Otabek the video of his quadruple flip, along with a text reading, "I've got a few more tricks up my sleeves for the Worlds!"

By the time he had gotten home he had received a text back that read, "Wow, after only getting about 4 hours of sleep? I've got to step up my game, Yuri" and then a thumb's up emoji at the end.