Chapter Three

-Kayla's Pov-
Here we are, still standing outside the institute. Clary still hasn't made up her mind. It's getting annoying if I do say so myself. She's just standing there doing nothing staring off into space. And the little mundane named Simon won't shut up. Now I understand why Alec doesn't like mundanes.

"Clary come on we have to go" the mundane says

Finally Clary moves from her spot, turning to the mundane.

"Simon I think Jace can help us"

Well it turns out she's not to dumb after all. If she goes with Simon it won't be long before another circle member hunts her down and tries to take her or kill her.

"What" Simon asks with a hint of disbelief

"Come on" Clary says and takes his arm walking into the institute.

"How do we know this McJagger looking guy is even going to try"

"Mundane we do not have time for this" I say getting a slight attitude due to being slightly annoyed.

We walk through the church doors standing there. Jace pulls out his stele opening up the institute.
Simon looks at Jace and then at Clary.

"Trust me Simon"

"He's like burning himself"

Jace gets done and grabs onto Simon's hand.

"Hey buddy what are you doing I'm not your type"

"Oh relax it's not what you think" I say while chuckling a little.
The door lifts and you can see the institute now. Simon standing there wide eyed.

Me, Jace, and Clary all look at one another and then at Simon.

"Where are we? What the hell, Clary is there a war going on I don't know about"

"There is now" Jace says

"And I think my mother is at the center of it"

Me, Jace and Clary begin walking forward. I turn around and Simon is still standing there.

"You coming" I ask

"Yeah" and with that Simon quickly follows behind us.

Walking around the institute Simon keeps looking around.

"There's a lot of gear in here. What do you guys do, rob places" Simon says

Jace and I walk over to the tech board with Simon and Clary following us. We look up any information we can get. We also look at the perimeter of the institute. Making sure there's is no more circle members.

"So what this cold blood killer is gonna help us?"

I'm starting to become like Alec and dislike mundanes. Due to Simon asking so many questions and being annoying. Also the fact he's accusing us of being cold blooded killers. When really all we did was protect and save him.

"Okay look next time I'll just let you die then, how about that" I say snapping

"He's not a killer he's protecting us. So is Kayla" Clary said

"Specifically you, it's sort of our thing" Jace says to Clary

"Your thing? You guys have a thing" Simon asks desperately. You can obviously tell that the guy has feelings for her.

"He means a shadow hunter thing. It's what they do they protect humans from demons"

"Demons..right that makes perfect since. Cause there's demons right roaming all around New York"