Chapter Ten

Kayla's Pov
Me and Alec were pacing around. We had no clue what to do. Alec was distressed and freaking out.

He knew Jace was going to kill him, he had promised him that he would take care of and watch Clary. However it wasn't really all Alec's fault. Clary is the one who snuck out of the institute.

Finally I decided on what we should do. I grab Alec making him turn and look at me.

"Alec we need to call or text and tell Jace and Izzy. They can help us" I say to him and he nods agreeing with me.

He pulls out his phone texting Jace's number and telling him that Clary snuck out. When he's done he puts his phone back up. I can tell he is still distressed. He turns walking back into the apartment. He goes to Clary's room. He looks around then grabbing something and throwing it on the floor. He turns his back away, daring not to face me. I grab his hand making him turn around and look at me.

"It's okay Alec"

"No it's not, w-no I lost Clary, Jace will never forgive me"

"It's not your fault Alec. Remember she's they one who snuck out in the first place putting herself in danger and you were trying to protect them when you heard the noice. This is not your fault" I say bringing a hand up to his face looking into his eyes. He pulls me closer giving me a tight hug and I relax into it as well as he does too.

We pull apart when we heard footsteps. It was just Jace and Izzy; they came racing into the room.

"Where is she? Where is Clary?" Jace asked walking over to us

"She's gone" Alec says

"What do you mean gone" Izzy asks

"She and Simon got arrested when we were  securing the fire escape, we got distracted." Alec says

"We were trying to protect them" I say adding on

"The mundane was here?" Jace says and you can tell he is furious.

"Simon? He's gone too?" My parabatai asked

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her" Alec said

"What did you do, Alec?" Jace says getting closer to him and Alec looks away. He turns back looking at Jace, Jace then turns and storms out grabbing something of Clary's. we stand there for a second before we follow him.

We were standing out in the back all way were we had met Simon. Jace was trying to track Clary. He had been doing it for a while and so far he had no luck tracking her.

"Damn it. She's not showing up. We need to parabatai track" Jace says turning and then walking over to Alec.

Alec held his out out for Jace. Jace then took his stele and drew the rune on Alec's hand. Jace places the drawling Clary drew between there hands and began trying to track her. But even with their parabatai bond it looks as if they aren't having any luck tracing her. 

"Alec concentrate, Alec!" Jace says but then yells his name

"I'm doing it she's not showing up" Alec says and Jace pulls away. I love my brother but he needs to calm done. This isn't Alec's fault but of course he won't see that because he's so madly in love with Clary.

"Just like I thought, she wasn't arrested" Izzy says looking up from her phone.

"It was your job to look after her" Jace says angrily going back over to Alec.