Chapter Fourteen

Kayla's Pov
The next morning I woke up and looked at at Alec. He was already up and looking at me. He reached his hand out and brushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"Morning beautiful" He says and his voice a little raspy.

"Morning handsome" I say with a smile and he smiles back.

I lean up and kiss him. He obviously responds by kissing me back. He scoots up in the bed and sat on his lap laying my head on his chest. I couldn't be more happy. But I know reality is going to sit in soon and we will be reminded of all our problems.

One including his parents doesn't even know about us. I decide not to let that effect my mood though. After a couple of minutes sitting there will my head on his chest I sit up.

"Last night was amazing" I say and I had a small smirk when I said it

"It was, but only because it was with you." He says

"Awe your too sweet babe, but I couldn't agree more only because it was with you" I say but sigh afterwards.

"What wrong did I upset you in anyway?"

"No you did nothing wrong Alec. It's just I wish we could stay like this forever. With no problems at all. Especially when your parents don't even know about us. And now they want you to marry and I hate that I'm bringing this up but I can't help but worry."

"We'll get through this together Kayla, I promise. Now come on it's time we get up and get dressed."

I chuckle and get up leaning over placing a peck on his cheek. I grab his shirt from the night before and through it on over my bare body. I go to the bathroom and start to brush my teeth. Alec walks in grabbing his standing behind me with a hand on my hip.

After I'm done I brush my hair and put deodorant on along with some perfume. I go to the closet and pick out a lace tank top with a black bralet on under and some jeans with some heals. I put on a little mascara and some concealer but nothing major.

I sit on the bed after I'm done waiting on Alec. After a few minutes we are ready and walk to the main part of the institute. There we see Clary talking to Jace and she had the cup out.

Alec walks over to the board and starts staring at it. Now that we have the cup he's worried that everyone will try to break in the institute to get it. I go to stand by Izzy. She looks at me and smirks she then turns back and grabs the cup from clary with her whip.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels" she says as me and her walk down the small stairs over to Jace and Clary. Jace walks over to Alec.

"Alec, what are you doing? You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. No Downworlder can come into the Institute" Jace says to his parabatai. Clary had put the cup back into the card.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter" Izzy says

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec says

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." Clary says

"My brother is right The Cup is extremely important." Izzy says

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asks his younger sister

"I'm full of surprises." She says

"I agree with Izzy and Alec" I say

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary says