Chapter Seven

Kayla's Pov
I woke up early in the morning. I didn't feel Alec's arms around me like I normally would. I roll over and see that he's not there. With it being this time of the morning I think I know where he might be.

I get up making up the bed real quick. I then go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I brush my hair putting it into a french braid.

I pull out a pink nike sports bra with some silk workout leggings. I grab a black jacket and put it on over.

I then decided to walk to the small kitchen we have. I fix a quick cup of coffee to wake me up some and eat a orange real quick.

I then walk to the training room. Where I knew Alec would be. When I got there I see that he was sparing with Hodge. They were battling with soaring staffs.

Alec had his shirt of and was wearing some black pants. You could see a slight layer of sweat on his chest and some sweat starting to form in his hair.

I stood there watching them for a good five minutes before the finished. Hodge turned and seen me first.

"Morning Kayla" he says. Thats when Alec looks up, sees me and smiles.

"Morning Hodge"

"Well I'm guessing you want to get some training in. But I'll let you and Alec train together. I'll leave you guys to it" Hodge says and then walks off.

"I woke up and you weren't there"

"Yeah I'm sorry I just came to get some stuff of my head and relieve some stress. But how would you know I'd be here" he says

"Come on Alec I know you really well. This is one of the places you spend the most time at. Plus I figured you'd be here this early"

"So you came just to find me, so you don't really want to train" he says smirking

"Oh no I do want to train. Why do you think I'm dressed like this. I'm so going to kick your ass." I say

"Bring it on" he says and I smirk at him.

I unzip my jacket tying it around my waist, I go over getting a seraph glade. I then stand in front of him. He puts down his sparing staff getting the signal that this is going to be a hand on hand combat.

(A/N: so I don't really know how to describe the fight or training sessions to where it would look like a actual shadow hunter fight. so I will try my best)

I make the first move. I run towards him and try to throw a punch. But I didn't hit him because he caught my hand. He throw a punch at the side of my head but I ducked dodging it. He took my arm pulling me to him but I elbowed him in the rib getting away from him. I then kicked head level and he ducked.

It went on like this for a while. When finally I seen a opening I kicked the back of his knee taking him down. I pin him down taking the blade out I had and holding it lightly to his throat.

"You just got your ass kicked by a girl how does it feel" after this I let up a bit thinking I won.

"I wouldn't get to cocky" he then knocks the blade out of my hand flipping us over pinning me to the floor.

"Even if you think you won, you can never let your guard down until you know for sure"

With that he got up. He extended his hand to me helping me up. I picked up the blade putting it back where it belonged.

I was standing there talking to Alec  about our sparing when Izzy came running over.

"Kayla I need you like right now. Simon is trying to leave we need to go get Jace and Clary." She says