Part 1

Sarah’s POV :

 “Well, have fun little one.” mum smiled when she dropped me off at the camp. “I will mum. I will.” I smiled. So this summer holiday, I’m spending 2 weeks at summer camp for the little kids as a leader for the 8-10 year-old-ones. I’ve been doing this for several years now. First, I was just one of those kids who came every summer to have fun but now when I’m older, I’m a leader.

“Hey Chloe.” I smiled when I saw her. She was my roommate. “Hi Sarah. Ready for it?” “Can’t wait.” I smiled. “Here’s the key for our room.” she said and threw the key to me. “Thank you!”

I quickly got inside and just threw my stuff on my bed. I’m too lazy to unpack. Chloe was busy preparing for a water fight. That’s something we do every year on the first evening, to welcome the kids. They always love it. “Can I help you with something?” “Yeah, can you do the balloons? And put them at the entrance?” “Sure.”

“Ow Sarah, have you heard the news already?” “What news?” “Do you remember George Shelley? He used the be a leader too but now he’s a singer. X factor... Union J... Do you know him?” “Yeah I do. Why?” “He’s coming back.” she grinned. “What do you mean with he’s coming back?” “He’s coming back to the camp.” she smiled. “For what? A performance with his band?” “Nope, as a leader. Like the old times.” “Whatever.. I never liked him.” I said and walked away.

 Why is this guy coming back? Whatever. When I was done with the balloons, I went back to Chloe to help her. “CHLOE!” we both looked up when we heard someone screaming her name. It was Zoe. “HE’S HERE!” she shouted, with a huge smile on her face. “Who?” “George of course! HE’S HERE. I love him so much. Can’t believe his coming back.” “Please Zoe, calm down. He’s just a normal boy okay?” “HE’S GEORGE FROM UNION J.” “Stop it Zoe.”  “Ow Sarah.. just let me fangirl okay.” “Whatever.” I sighed. “It’s gonna be awkward for Quinn, you know.” Chloe said. “Why?” “They used to date, remember? But they broke up right before he was on the x factor. Can you imagine Quinn then. Her ex boyfriend is famous now.” “Auwtch.” I laughed. I never liked Quinn either. She was kinda a bitch.

 All the leaders and organizers had to be at the camp at 11am. The kids would arrive at 2pm but we first had to prepare some stuff. Sam, the ‘big boss’ of the camp, called all of us for a little meet up to explain our jobs and divide us in groups. Every group need a boy and a girl as leader. I just hope Charlie is my partner. We were together last year too and he’s a really nice guy. I saw George standing on the other side of the room. “Iiiieeep George is so cute.” Zoe whispered in my ear. “Zoe, please. You’re scaring me.” “Come on, don’t you think he’s cute?” “No, I don’t. And please, shut up now.”

“Guys, can I have your attention please?” Sam shouted so everyone would become quiet. “So, I’ve made a list with the partners. Let’s start. Quinn, you are with Charlie. Chloe with Jake. Sarah, you’re with George...” Sam said. I didn’t even hear the rest anymore. George is my partner. Oh God. “That’s it guys, now come on, let’s do this.” Sam smiled.

“Hi Sarah.” George awkwardly smiled when he was standing next to me. I first didn’t even notice he was there. “Hello George.” I tried to fake a smile. “Erm.. should we.. Should we start preparing or..?” “Yeah sure.”

He followed me outside. We first went to the lake. That’s the cool thing about this area, it has like this huge lake in the middle. The kids always love it. Our first activity today was sailing. Luckily, it was very hot outside. We first prepared everything. The boats were ready. Just in time, cuz the kids were arriving. At around 3.30pm, when all the groups were divided, George and I went with our group to the boats. We first explained everything and then we gave them some time to get changed. “I think we better get changed too.” George said. “Yeah. Good idea.”

We both went to our room to get changed into our swimming suits. I was wearing my favourite bikini underneath my top and short. George was wearing a swimming trunk and a tank top.

I could see the kids were having fun. And they love to make us wet. George even almost fell in the water. After an hour or something, it was time to get out of the water. It was dinner time for the kids. George and I first had to clean up. I was turning the boats upside down so the water could get out. I suddenly heard George sneaking closer to me. He thought I didn’t see it but I did.

“Don’t you even dare.” I said. “I wasn’t planning on doing anything.” “Ow sure. And what about that bucket in your hands?” “Just erm..Well, I was thinking.. because you are not wet yet..” George laughed. He suddenly threw the bucket of water all over me. I knew he would do this but still, it came so unexpected. “You... You did not just do that.” “I just did.” he laughed. “You are dead.”

He ran away, but I ran after him. Ow, I will take revenge. Eventually, he ran to a spot where he couldn’t escape anymore. Behind him, there was the lake. “You know, maybe you should get wet too.” I grinned and pushed him in the water but... his reflects were to pull me with him. Result, we both fell in the water. “This is your own fault. If you didn’t throw the bucket over me at first, this wouldn’t have happened.” “I just wanted to test how my partner would react.” he smiled.

One thing I have to admit, he had a cute smile. But that’s it. We both crawled out of the water but well yeah, our clothes were soaked. He lay down on the grass. I just sat down next to him.

 “Can I ask you something?” I asked. “Of course.” “Why did you come back? I mean, after all those years.” “Well, we’re having 2 weeks of with the band and... I just wanted to come back. Do you know us? Union J?” “Of course I do. You’re all over the magazines.” “You like our music?” “Some songs are good.” “Nice to hear that.” he smiled. “So, how does it feel to be famous?” “I’m getting used to it, to the fangirls and stuff. But right now, I’m just a normal boy okay. I’m just George Shelley and not George from Union J.”

“I think it’s time for dinner.” he smiled and got up. He reached out his arms to pull me up. “Thanks.” I smiled.