Part 14

“I hate leaving her.” I sighed when we were in Sam’s car. “You’ll get to see her tomorrow again. Don’t worry.”  The entire time in the car, we both didn’t say anything. I was kinda awkward. “Sam? Can I ask you something?” I asked. “Of course.” “Who do you think would do this to Sarah?” “Ow George… that’s erm… I don’t know actually.” “Who would ever hurt her..” I sighed. “Good question. But I have absolutely no idea.” Sam answered. To break the silence again, Sam turned on the radio. It was us on the radio, with Loving You Is Easy. That made me smile. “I like it.” Sam laughed and turned up the volume. “Finding you was so hard, but loving you is easy..”  

 “You know, I’m also kinda happy I’m back at the camp.” I said when we arrived back at the camp. “The kids are gonna be happy to see you’re back.” “I’ve missed them too.” I smiled. We both got out of the car, my knee hurted a bit. “But you need to promise me one thing, George.” “Tell me.” “You need to promise me you will be careful. I don’t want to call an ambulance again, okay. Promise?” “I promise, Sam.”

 “GEORGE.” I heard voices scream. The kids. “YOU’RE BACK!” Simon, one of the little boys shouted. “I’m back, indeed.” I smiled. They all pretty much jumped on me. “Guys.. Guys easy! George needs to be careful with his knee.” Sam said. “Where’s Sarah?” “She’s…erm.. She’s still in the hospital.”

“Is she gonna be okay?” Simon asked. “Yeah, she will. Don’t worry guys. Now, come here, GROUPHUG. I’ve missed you all.” I smiled. I really did miss them.

 “George, there’s one more thing. I kinda have a surprise for you.” Sam said. “What?” “Well, you might need some company this afternoon, so… I arranged something. Guys..” Sam shouted and then the door of his office went open. Josh, Jaymi en JJ. “What the… Guys, what are you doing here?” I asked surprised. “What? Aren’t you happy to see us?” Jaymi asked. “Of course I am. I just didn’t expect it.”

 “We are here to help you, I mean, with the kids. Since Sarah’s not here.. You can’t do it alone.” JJ said. “Thanks guys.” “What would you do without us?” Jaymi laughed. “I’m not answering that question.” I laughed.

 “We brought our swimming trucks with us, but you can’t swim with your knee. What are we gonna do?” Josh asked. “No, we will do the swimming. The kids love it. You guys can go in the water, I just stay at the side and keep an eye on everything.” “Are you not going to swim George?” Simon asked. “No Simon, I can’t. But the other boys will.” I smiled.

 “Now go go go, go get changed.” Sam laughed. “Sam?” “Yeah?” “Thank you for everything.” “You’re welcome George.”

Then, I waited just on one of the benches until everyone was changed.