Part 7

While George was getting changed, I waited outside. “I’m ready.” I heard George saying behind me. “Good, cuz the kids will be back soon and we have to prepare for dinner.” “Yep, indeed. Almost forgot.” he smiled. It took us about half an hour to prepare the dinner room. We were just done with it when Sam walked in. “Can I have a word with you 2?” Sam asked. “Erm.. sure.” “What’s up Sam?” George asked. “I saw you 2 before, jumping off the rock. I just want to ask you to never do that when the kids are around, okay? This can get dangerous with little kids.”

“Erm.. sure Sam. We won’t do it anymore..” I said. “Good. Now, I’m back in my office okay? The kids will be here any minute.”

 “I can’t believe he saw us. Did he follow us or what?” George asked. “I don’t know…”

Like he said, the kids were back soon. They were all very very hungry, and also dirty. I’m so happy I didn’t have to do that cycling. You could see everyone was tired, Chloe fell asleep straight away as soon as she crawled in her bed, … and it was only 8pm. I wasn’t that tired yet but eventually, I fell asleep. The next day flew by actually. The kids were free during the afternoon. But it would be a long night for me and George. This night, we had to stay up all night and play like 2 guards. Every night, 2 people have to do that, and this night, it was our turn.

 At around 10pm, all the kids had to go to bed. Even the older ones, 10 o’clock is the rule. Another rule was that the ones who had to guard had to stay outside until 11pm in case one of the kids needed something, they would fine us easily. Afterwards, we could go inside. After 11pm, most of the kids were asleep and they wouldn’t actually need us anymore but just in case. George and I sat down on the pick nick tables.

“Oohh.. it’s actually getting cold.” I shivered. “Wait, you can take my hoodie.” George smiled. He took it off and gave it to me. “Are you sure? Aren’t you having cold now?” “No, not really.” he smiled. Eventually we laid down on the pick nick table so we could watch the stars. It was such a beautiful night. Suddenly, I jumped up. I thought I heard something…

 “What’s wrong?” George asked. “Shht! I think I heard something.” Then I heard it again. It was someone screaming for help. “George, did you hear that?” “Yeah, I did.” And again, another scream, louder this time. “We have to go and see what happened.” “Yeah, absolutely.” George said and also got up.

 “You take the left side of the domain, I take the right side. Deal?” George asked. “We… We’re not staying together?” I asked. I have to say, I was a little bit scared. “No. If there’s anything, just scream okay?” he asked. “Sure. You too, right.” “I will. Ow and Sarah… be careful.” “You too George.”

 I have to say, I was very scared. Even though, I had a flashlight. I had like this feeling someone was watching me or following me. God, this is creepy. This is so freaking creepy when you do this in the middle of the night. Suddenly, I heard something. “Is… Is there someone?... George? Anybody??”

 This is absolutely not funny. Then again, I heard something but this time, it was only a bird. That thing almost gave me a heart attack. Now, I have to be careful. I’m almost at the hill.

I was checking everywhere if I saw something but I didn’t. This is so weird. We definitely heard someone screaming for help. I’m not getting crazy.

 I was now on top of the hill but still, I didn’t see anything. Then again, I heard something behind me but before I got the chance to do something, I felt 2 hands on my back and they pushed me with all their force down the hill. The only thing I remember, was that I thought I was going to die. After that, it went all black…