Part 12

Sarah’s POV :

 Stupid nurse for God’s sake, why did you had to walk in right now? George was freaking about to kiss me. And when he said he loved me, there were so many butterflies in my stomach. Ok, in the beginning I didn’t really like him but now that I know him, I kinda fell in love with him. Eventually, I fell asleep and I had the best dream I ever had.

 The next morning, when I woke up, George was already sitting next to my bed. “Well good morning sleepy head.” he smiled. “Good morning. How long have you been sitting here?” “A few minutes or something.”

He got up and sat down in the bed. I tried to get up too but it really hurted. “How’s your knee?” “Don’t worry about that. I don’t have to stay here anymore. I can go back, to the camp but I have to be careful.” “That’s good. What happened with the kids in the mean time, I mean, we are not there.” “Don’t worry about that either. Sam’s taking care of that.”

 He stayed with me the entire time. So sweet. Suddenly, someone knocked on my door. “Yeah?”

It was Sam. “Hey Sarah, George. There are some police officers who need to ask you some questions about what happened. They came to the camp but... Is it okay if they come in?” he asked. “Yeah sure.”

 There were 2 police officers. This is so weird. “Good morning. My name is officer Anderson and that’s my colleagues officer Evans. Is it okay if we ask you some questions.” “Sure, no problem.” I said. “I’ll erm.. wait outside.” George said. “We need to ask you some questions too so don’t go yet.” “Sure.” he said.   

 “Sarah, we have a strong suspicion that what happened wasn’t an accident. We think someone might have pushed you down the hill.”

When he said that, it was like my memory was coming back. I was having some flashbacks. Every time I blinked with my eyes, I saw the hill, and the dark,  and then the bird that flew away. All things that happened and that I remember. “Wait..” I whispered. I was breathing heavier than normal, I just noticed that. “I remember something...”

 “What? Have you seen someone?” “I remember that I had the feeling someone was following me or watching me. Then... when I was on top of the hill, I heard something behind me and 2 hands on my back. After that it’s all black.” “So, someone pushed you? You’re sure about it?”

“I’m 100 percent sure about it.”

 “So, from the beginning. What Sam told us. So you and George had to stay up all night. Then you heard someone screaming, right?” he asked. I just nodded. “You and George split up. George took the right side, you the left one. And then when you were on top of the hill, you heard someone and someone pushed you down?” “Yes, that’s what I remember.”

 “Thank you for everything. This helps us a lot Sarah.” “No problem.” “Now, let’s go and see what George knows. Ow Sarah, one more thing, if you remember anything else, this is my personal card with my number on it. You can call me any time.” Officer Anderson said and gave me the card. “Thank you.”

 “Sarah, just one last question.” the other officer, Evans, said. “Yeah?” “Just asking but erm.. you were not having trouble with someone lately? Someone whowould be abletodothis?” “Not that I know. No.” “Ok thank you. Take good care of you! Bye.” “Goodbye.”