Part 18

The next morning after breakfast, the boys and I decided to go back to the hospital. The boys really wanted to come with me. And we could borrow Sam’s car. “Please, be careful with my car.” he said and have me the key. “Always, Sam. And thanks  by the way.” “You’re welcome. Say hi to Sarah, will you?” “I will.” I smiled.

 You could see it was visiting hour at the hospital. It was difficult to find a car park but luckily, after a few minutes, I found one. “What’s actually happening to the kids when you are not there, George?” “They are divided into 2 groups. One part is now together with the 6-8 year old ones, the other part is together with the older ones.” “Ah, I was just wondering.” Josh smiled.

 Before we went to Sarah’s room, the boys stopped at the little shop at the hospital. They wanted to buy her something. They bought her a really cute bouquet of flowers. “You think she will like it?” Josh asked. “Of course she will.”

I also got her something. It’s maybe a little bit stupid but I got her some of the chocolates and a red rose. A little bit romantic.

She immediately looked up when we walked inside. “Well hello there.” she smiled. “Good morning.” I smiled and gave her a soft kiss on her cheek. “Hey boys.” she smiled to the other boys. “Morning Sarah. We’ve got you something.” JJ smiled and gave her the bouquet that he had hidden behind his back. I had done the same with the rose and chocolates. “Ow guys... You really didn’t have to do this.” “You’ve been through a lot lately, and we just want to let you know that you can always count on us.” Jaymi smiled. “Thank you guys.”

 “I also got you something. It’s not as big as what the boys got you but erm...” I smiled and gave it to her. “George... You really didn’t have to do this. And how do you know these are my favourite chocolates? And oh.. the rose..George.” “I wanted to do something romantic so.. You like it?” “I love it George.” She smiled.

 “Ow, and have you heard the amazing news yet?” She suddenly asked. “Erm.. no..?” “I can go home tomorrow.” “Really?” I asked surprised. That’s really amazing. “Yessss, but I have to be careful.” “That’s amazing!” JJ smiled. “You have no idea how happy I am.” “I’m really happy you can go home.” I smiled. “Me too.” she smiled.

 We stayed until the end of visiting hour but then we had to leave. A nurse sent us away because they had to do one more test to make sure everything was okay with Sarah and that she really could go home tomorrow.  I first brought the boys home and then I drove back to the camp.