Part 16

We went back to Sam’s office so we all could get changed. The boys were also staying here for the night like we did a few days ago. Back then, everything was still okay… I’m still thinking about who would ever hurt Sarah like this.

 “Guys, are you ready? It’s almost time for the campfire.” Sam asked. “Almost, Josh is still in the bathroom.” “He’s been in there for like half an hour now. And I have to go to the toilet..” JJ sighed.

“I’m gonna see if he’s still alive.” I said. “Mate, are you almost ready?” I shouted, knocking on the door. “Almost.” “Hurry up, JJ has to go to the toilet.” Just when I said that, the door went open. “I’m ready. JJ, the bathroom is all yours now.” Josh said. “Finally.”

 We all went outside to prepare for the campfire. It’s always such an amazing moment. It really sucks Sarah has to miss this. This is such a magic moment, all the kids with smiles on their faces and the marshmallows. “Here, I got you something to drink.” Josh said and gave it to me. “Thank you.” “Yo Sam, where’s the music?” JJ asked. “Almost ready. Just one more stupid cable..”

 We all pretty much jumped up when the music suddenly got on, the volume on the loudest. Sam immediately turned it down. “Sorry, didn’t know the volume was that high.” he laughed. “Well, everyone is awake again.” I laughed. “Yeah, indeed.”

Since I couldn’t dance or anything, I decided to play dj George. “Play good music, right, George.” Jaymi laughed. “Always Jaymi. Always.” I grinned.

The first one I choose was one of my favourite songs for the moment. “HEEEEEEEEY BROTHER! THERE’S AN ENDLESS ROAD TO REDISCOVER.”

Literally everyone was singing along. See, this is one of the best things ever but I wasn’t having fun actually. I just couldn’t stop thinking about Sarah. She’s all alone lying there in the hospital. Maybe I should’ve stayed there. I feel kinda guilty. Maybe I should call her? Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do.

“Yo Charlie, can you take over the music for a minute? I... erm.. I have to go to the toilet.” I lied. “Yeah sure, of course.”

 The other boys were having fun or dancing with one of the kids so they didn’t notice it that I left, I mean, I don’t think they’ve seen it. I went back to my room and laid down on my bed for a minute. Then, I dialled her number. “Hello?” “Hey Sarah, it’s me. George.” “Hey George. Is everything okay?”  “Yeah, everything is fine. It’s just.. It’s campfire night and I just can’t stop thinking about you. Maybe I should’ve stayed with you.” “Ow George.. No, look, you need to have fun tonight, okay. And for the record, I pretty much slept the entire time since you left. And you come back in the morning right?”

“Yeah of course.” “Well, then I’ll see you in the morning. And you need to have fun tonight. Just forget about everything for a minute.”  “Yeah, you’re right. I’ll see you in the morning.” “Good night George.”  “Good night Sarah. And I love you.” I quickly said before I hung up. “Love you too, George.”

 “I knew you would be in here.” suddenly someone said and walked in. It was Josh. “I.. I erm...” I stuttered and got up. “You called Sarah.” “Yeah, I did.” “You’re in love with her, aren’t you?” “Head over heels in love Josh.” I sighed and let myself fall back onto my bed. “Have you told her yet how you feel about her?” he asked. “Not exactly. I mean, I did say ‘I love you’ to her but... And we almost kissed, but a stupid nurse walked in.”

 “I think you really have to go for it. Sarah is an amazing girl.” “Yeah, she is.” I smiled. “Now, are you coming back? We need you at the music.” “Yeah, I’m coming with you.”

 “Charlie, I’m back. I’ll take over the music again.” “Yeah sure. Ow erm.. George, can you turn on a romantic song or something?” he asked, whispering. He didn’t want anyone else to hear it, I guess. “Erm sure. Just wondering.. Why?” “I wanna ask Chloe to dance with me.” “You like her, don’t you.” “Shut up George.” He started blushing, but even in the dark I could see it. “Go for it mate.” I grinned. I turned on John Legend’s ‘All of me’. I could see Chloe was surprised when he asked it but she said yes cuz they started dancing. Then, I started searching the other boys. They were all dancing with the kids.