Part 4

The evening flew by and I tried to avoid Quinn. The next day, we had team building. I always like it. George and I had planned a lot of things the kids had to do. At around 5 pm, we stopped. All the kids were saying they were tired so we let them go back to their room. “Right in time for the surprise.” George grinned. “Can you please tell me what the surprise is?” “Follow me.” he smiled. For some reason, we went to Sam’s office. “Why are we here?” “Because there are some people waiting for me. You can go first.” he smiled. When I opened the door, I saw 3 other boys sitting there. The other members of Union J. “GEORGE.” one of the guys laughed and got up. They all hugged him. I guess that’s their way of saying hi to someone. “Guys, this is Sarah. She’s my teammate or partner. Sarah, these are my bandmates, as you maybe can guess.” “Hi, nice to meet you.” I smiled awkwardly. I didn’t know what to do. “Nice to meet you too Sarah. I’m JJ by the way.” JJ smiled and he gave me immediately a kiss on my cheek. “ I’m Jaymi.” he smiled and gave me a kiss too. “And I’m Josh.” he smiled.

 “So this was the surprise. A secret performance with your band.” I smiled. “Yep yep. You and Sam are the only people who knows about it so don’t tell anyone, especially not to Zoe. I know she’s a fan. I saw her fangirling the other day when I walked in. And she only does this when I walk in so...” he laughed. “When are you going to perform? Everyone is having dinner now.” “After it.” “And what about us? We haven’t had dinner yet. And I’m getting a little bit hungry.”

Right on that moment I said that, Sam walked in, with dinner for all of us. That’s telepathy. “Well, to answer your question, we’re having dinner right here.” George laughed. For dinner, it were sandwiches. That was easy.

 They are really nice guys. So sweet. I really have to change my mind. “Erm George, what songs are we going to perform?” JJ suddenly asked. “I would go for Carry You and Beautiful Life.” he answered. “Only 2 songs?” JJ asked. “Skyscraper?” Jaymi asked. “YES SKYSCRAPER PLEASE.” I suddenly said. All the boys looked at me with a grin on their face. “Sorry, I just really like that song.” I smiled awkwardly. “Josh, what do you think?” “And Beethoven? How about that one?” 

“Sam, how many songs can we play?” George asked him. “That’s up to you. You can choose yourself.” “I would go for Carry You, Beautiful Life, Beethoven and Skyscraper. Does everyone agree with that?” Jaymi asked. Everyone nodded. “Let’s do this.” Josh said. “I’m actually thinking about something. Sarah, what if you like introduce us to the kids, like a real show?” George asked. “Yeah sure.” I smiled.

 So for this night, I dressed up a little bit. I mean, I just took on my black dress. Sam arranged to get the kids on the picknicktables outside. There was also a little stage. “Sarah, you are ready to go.” Sam smiled and gave me the mic. I was a little bit nervous but well yeah, I guess that was kinda normal. I could see Chloe en Zoe were surprised. They didn’t expect this at all. “Can I have your attention please? So we’ve arranged a little surprise for you all. As most of you know, we have a celebrity here as one of our leaders. Sorry, George but I had to say that. So, here are… UNION J!” 

Everyone started screaming and fangirling. Then the boys got on stage. “Thanks Sarah. Hello everyone.” George smiled. “How’s everyone doing here? Is everyone having a good time here at summer camp?” JJ asked. That caused a loud cheering. “What if we would play some songs for you, would you like that?” JJ asked. And again, his question got answered by a loud cheering. “Awesome!” he laughed.

 The boys did an acoustic set, George with the guitar and Sam playing the drums. I mean, it was like a box where you have to tick on, something like that. I didn’t even know Sam could play the drums. The first song they played was Carry You. “Don’t ever say you’re lonely, just lay your problems on me and I’ll be waiting there for you.” George sang and for some reason he was looking right in my eyes. “I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you…”  And again, he was looking straight into my eyes. What is this? Then they sang Beautiful Life and Beethoven. The last song they performed was Skyscraper. “You can take everything I have. You can break everything I am. Like I’m made of glass, like I’m made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper. Like a skyscraper…”  I absolutely love this song. It’s one of my favourite songs ever.