Part 10

The doctor first cleaned the wound on my knee and then, he looked at the other one. It needed stitches. “Olly’s on his way with some clean clothes.” Jaymi said and walked in again, but he turned around immediately when he saw the wound. “Oh God..” he sighed. “Please, don’t pass out Jaymi.” JJ said. “No no.”

 Olly arrived in about half an hour. I was happy I could take on some clean clothes, even though they were Jaymi’s. I still haven’t seen Sarah. I’m still not allowed to see her. In the mean time, they moved me in a room. All the boys were with me, Sam and Charlie too. I was actually struggling to keep my eyes open. I mean, it was in the middle of the night. “Go to sleep George, if there is some news of Sarah, we will wake you up.” Josh said. “I’m fine.” “No, you’re tired. Try to sleep.”

Eventually I listened to Josh. I closed my eyes and fell asleep straight away.

 I woke up a few hours later because I had to go to the toilet. Everyone was still here, but all asleep, on some chairs. JJ was even lying with his head on Jaymi’s lap. I tried to get up without making noises but then I realised my knee was really hurting. “George?” I heard someone whispering. It was JJ, he was awake now. “Yeah, I have to go to the toilet. I’m fine.” “Oh, if you need something.. just say it.” “I can go to the toilet on my own JJ, don’t worry.”

He laid back with his head on Jaymi’s head and closed his eyes again. I think everyone was very tired. It has been a long night. And I’m also very happy they could stay here. Normally, visiting hour was already over but yeah, they made an exception.

 After that, I didn’t actually sleep anymore. I tried to but I just couldn’t sleep anymore. The others were waking up now too. “Ow... My back hurts... Yep, sleeping on a chair is definitely not comfortable.” Sam sighed. “How are you feeling George?” Josh asked. “I’m fine. It’s not hurting or anything.”

Everyone was now awake except for JJ, he was just still asleep on Jaymi’s lap. “Erm.. JJ?” Jaymi whispered. JJ just groaned. I think he didn’t want to wake up. “JJ!” “What?” he mumbled. “You’re lying on my lap, remember?” “Mmmhhh... Fine, I’m awake.” he sighed and got up, rubbing his eyes. 

 A few minutes later, the doctor walked in. “Sarah is lying in another other room. You can go see her if you want to.” “YES!” I shouted. “But you need in the wheelchair, your knee still needs rest.” the doctor said. I immediately got in the wheelchair. “What room?” I asked. “It’s on another floor. On the 5th one, we’re only on the 3rd one. It’s room 512.” “Thank you doctor.”

Everyone came with me and went to the lift. We first knocked on the door of course, maybe her parents were here yet but they weren’t. I guess they are still on their way or something. “She is still unconscious but she will wake up soon.” another doctor suddenly said. I didn’t even hear him coming in.

 “So, what happened to her? Has she broken anything? I mean...” I asked. “She has 2 broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, and she had an small internal bleeding. But don’t worry, she will be okay.” “Thank you doctor, for everything.” “You’re welcome. I’ll leave you all alone with her.”

I sat down on the chair next to her. Nobody could complain, I was still sitting and resting. Eventually, I grabbed her hand. We stayed with her the entire time, but she still hadn’t woken up yet. I was struggling to keep my eyes open again but I just don’t want to sleep. I need to stay awake in case she wakes up. The others had gone to the cafeteria in the mean time to get something for breakfast. I was constantly rubbing my eyes to stay awake. But then I saw her finger moving. She’s waking up! I got up immediately even though I had to rest.

 “Sarah?” She didn’t answer though. But then she moved her hand again. “Sarah, can you hear me?”

Then slowly, she opened her eyes. She whispered something but at first I didn’t hear it. “George...” she whispered. “I’m right here.” I smiled. “Where am I?” she asked confused. “You’re in the hospital. Don’t you remember what happened?” “I can’t remember anything...”

She tried to move a little but I could see on the look on her face it hurted. “Easy... You’ve 2 broken ribs.” “How...?” “You fell down the hill.” “Urgh... it’s just one black hole.” she sighed.

In the mean time, the others were back. “SARAH! Oh my god, you have no idea how happy I am to see you’re awake.” Sam smiled. “Hey guys.” she whispered, smiling. I’m happy to see her smile again. “JJ, Josh, Jaymi... you guys are also here.” she smiled. “Of course we are.” JJ smiled.

 Her parents arrived about an hour later, they had to come all the way from Liverpool. I decided to leave them alone for a bit. “I’ll come back later, I’m going to take a shower.” I smiled and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Then I got back in my wheelchair. “Wait George!” “Yeah?” “What happened to you? Why are you in a wheelchair?” she asked confused. “Nothing to worry about. I just fell on my knee.” “How...?” “I was trying to get to you and ... I fell. But don’t worry. I’m fine.”

The others went home for a bit, and Sam and Charlie went back to the camp. They promised they would come back tonight. The lads too.